headlands golfcoarse kettering

Liam Mccarlie

Reaction score
hello all!!
i am going to do a two day session on a lake in kettering called headlands it is situated right next to the golf coarse any body fished there resently?
any tips?
or info for me?
cheers liam.

?

<?))))><.???`?. born to fish (callum) made to wor

fish as natural as possable......maybe a golf ball?

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
liam,i havent fished there personally but a couple of my workmates have fished it a few times during the summer and autumn.
from what i can remember being told,the place got hammered during that time also a hell of a lot of bait went in and alot of rules were being broken/bent to suit the bailiff and his friends.alot of the carp were caught close to the bank on the golf course side....you are not alowed to fish from the bank on this side so carp anglers wer walking around the lake and baiting up areas and then walking back round and casting to them.
when i go back to work in the early hours,i will ask my mates for any info on the place and let you know tommorrow evening ok.
also,i know that gilders in kettering used to sell day tickets for the lake and give you the code for the gate so they might be worth a visit for a few pointers???
one other thing mate,have you tried the lake down by the leisure village??? that is still day ticket as far as i know and there are some good carp in there as well....check with the reception for details.

Liam Mccarlie

Reaction score
nick,
yeah ive bin and had a look at the KLV lake, it was owned by ian heaps, but he took most of the fish out and sold it , there are fish in there to mid 20's and there is also big bream in there to. cheers liam