Honeymoon fishing......

averageangler

Reaction score
The other half has foolishly accepted my offer of a lifetimne spent regretting accepting my hand in marriage! To get us off to a good start I am proposing to do some fishing on the honeymoon.....

She's a good egg and I have even got her into a spot of fishing herself. So whilst 2 weeks pursuing Taimen in Tibet or pioneering virgin Salmon rivers in Siberia will be out of the question (especially due to the cost) a bit of shore/inshore fishing will apparently go down a treat.

She doesn't fancy Cuba...bum! So can ayone give the low down on places like Mexico/Bahams/Carribean/Maldives etc for a good spot of fishing (with maybe a little romance and sunbathing if she nags me a lot)???
Cheers.

W

Wolfman Woody

I wouldn't suggest anything. That's how my honeymoon was planned, albeit North Wales, and she's made me pay for it ever since.

And the only pleasure I got in the whole week was when she caught the sun and it was "Don't touch me." and all I wanted from it all was a nice fat bass.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Forget the Maldives.Shore fishing not allowed from the resort islands and the organised fishing trips crap.

I spent two weeks frustratingly watching a shoal of bait fish being attacked by barracuda and jack trevally right outside the bungalow in which we were staying.There were at least other distractions!

I would forget it mate.There will be considerable brownie points to be had in having raised the prospect and then ruling it out in order to give her your undivided attention. You could learn to dive(sub aqua that is) instead?

MJ

Reaction score
I can hear what the boys are saying, but I have another take..
this is the start of your married life right? well lay down your cards on the table from day one. You wanna go fishing and you dont want your liberties taken away! Concede now and you'll be doing it forever!

I am off on my honeymoon later in the year - for 6 weeks, and there'll definitely be some piscatorial action at some point, if not just a matter of principle!

She likes sunbathing? well then leave her on the beach in peace to read her book or whatever and 'get out of her hair' for a few hours. Take her for a nice meal in the evening and all should be forgiven. Start as you mean to go on mate!

averageangler

Reaction score
Thanks for the advice chaps. I agree with you all on some level.

I'll probably only get one, maybe two sessions in a 2 week honeymoon and the better half will want to have a go as well. I think I will just pick a venue for the honeymoon, take an adaptable travel rod and a little kit and see how the fates treat me.

Cheers