Clattercote 2006

L

Limestone

It's getting towards that time again...

Breakfast at Tesco's, five or six biteless hours bouncing up and down on a wooden gangway in the wind and rain, some streaky so-and-so flukes a couple of pasties on borrowed bait, then a beer and a balti.

Anyone up for it this year?

J

John Huntley

Remember to bring some plastic maggots Dave. Top bait last year!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

After such a great selling job Dave, I will cetainly be in.I think Graham may be planning to have it a little later this year?

G

Gary Knowles

"Remember to bring some plastic maggots Dave. Top bait last year

shhhh...

"so-and-so flukes a couple of pasties"

Biterness, its a terrible thing...

J

jason fisher

you might want to have a look at the reindeer pub for a pint if it's still there they do some good ales.

W

Wolfman Woody

I want to know two things -

The date

& is Knowles going again.

It's just that Tesco want to know if they'll need the fumigation team on stand-by in case he drops another.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I heard they were shut down after we breakfasted there!

G

Gary Knowles

my belly is rumbling now just thinking about it.....

Reaction score
Depending on dates I would love to attend as Clattercote is fairly local and I've thoroughly enjoyed the FM fish-ins on the Trent last year.

However I understand from the article linked to the original match that in memory of Keith, poles are the order of the day. I have to admit that i've never fished a match, don't own a pole, have a clue what to do with one or know any anglers that use them.

Would it be in keeping with the spirit of the event if I bring a waggler or leger rod?

L

Limestone

The idea in the original match was to fish the pole if possible, but if I remember correctly, that was relaxed to float only, and was actually won on the Polaris! (Which is legering!!!)

Since then, it's been any (legal) method.

This year, I suspect that plastic maggots on the method feeder might feature heavily...

Jon Strutt

Reaction score
For Jason's (and everyone's) piece of mind I can confirm the Reindeer is alive and kicking and still does great ale.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
This match is planned for mid to late May this year but nothing has yet been booked. I'll get things moving soon and announce the date. It will be on Saturday again as this seems to suit the majority.

Probably due to most FM members not wanting to miss their weekly church service on Sunday....

M

MALC DOYLE

I'll keep me eye's peeled for the date and hopefully be able to spoil the day's fishing for everyone again.

(The Jinx)

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Good old Malc, wouldn't be the same match without you, can't beat trying to take something off a Welshman. It gives the match an extra edge, a bit like trying to prise my wallet open.