Bloodworm boilie recipes

catman

Reaction score
Is there a tried and tested bloodworm boilie recipe that anyone knows of? I ask this as bloodworm has a very weak smell to humans and I find that even normal boilies I have made do not smell as good as the ones in the shops and they only have a slight smell. Any ideas?

C

Cakey

not seen one anywhere and none come up on google so it looks like your on your own

B

Bob Watson

Could you use sticky baits bloodworm groundbait or pellets, a quick whizz in the food processor might give you a decent base mix.

I've used the dumbells, cloudy bloodworm and pellets, with decent results.

N

NottmDon

Agree with you on the "smells" catman but a weak smell to the human nose is a strong smell to most fish, a boilie doesnt have to stink to high heaven for a fish to find it attractive. In fact if we overdose the flavours and scents too much then what was a sure hit bait soon becomes a bait the fish are repelled by.
Thinking on your question I imagine youd need a lot of bloodworm to produce a decent batch of boilies,Bobs suggestion makes a lot of sense to me mate.

S

Sage

haven't seen a recipe, but CCMoore have a whole range of bloodworm products including their special offers...