Korda Hybrid

catman

Reaction score
I've seen all of the Korda Underwater DVDs and Korda Hybrid seems to be a pretty decent hooklength material. Has anyone used it? What's it like? What colour, breaking strain etc?

F

Frothey

look on korda's website.

some say its good, some say its got crap knot strength. the only way to find out is to try it yourself.....

U

unknownforce

when you can peel the layer back its good stuff.

not had a prob with any knots myself. always use knotless knot on stripped back part and figure of eight (steamed) on the other end. for ease of use i prefer stripteaze by ESP, although it isnt as rigid as the hybrid (or coated in flurocarbon), its still good

if anyone knows of a good way of stripping the stuff can they let me know!

B

BLAM

I thought they (Korda) were bringing out a special tool for this?

I found it ok. Certainly not anything special though I've not had any knot strength problems (famous last words!)

Johno

Reaction score
Iv used it, it is good stuf but make sure you steam your loop knots coz if you don't they snap very very easy, i have lost a few fish on this stuf coz i didn't know you were supost to steam the knots,

U

unknownforce

'bringing out a tool for this'

i didnt know that blam, cheers. anyone else know more details?

Golden

Reaction score
Guys, why would steaming the loop knot stop it from snapping? I though that steaming just helped to straighten the hooklength after tying?? Am I missing something ...?

B

Big Rik

I think it's shite.
Sticks out like a sore thumb on the bottom.

Golden

Reaction score
So you can't peel the outer coating off, Rik thinks it's shite and Johno says it snaps if not steamed. Not doing very well this hybrid stuff by the looks of things! Think I'll stick with the amnesia ... ;-)

Johno

Reaction score
I dont use it no more lost all confidese in it and as big rik says it does stick out badly the weed green isnt green its more white, i'v started using ESP stip-tease and up to now i think its the bolakes

MJ.

Reaction score
i dont use it anymore,i totally agree it does stick out like a sore tumb,i now use mantis i think it is great.

R

RobD

Never found it too great this stuff and stopped using it really quickly...
I found it snapped along it's whole length nevermind at the knots, it could have been a dodgey spool but it was enough to put me off..

Be Lucky...

U

unknownforce

ive not had any problems with knot strength

"stick out like a sore tumb" - it comes in three different colours ??

originally i preferred the stripteaze but have noticed that it loses its colour and goes white?