poles

Mark Williams 8

Reaction score
Hi all

Yet again could someone help me please?.

My son was given a Leeda 2XL 5m Triumphant Telescopic Pole, (the one you get from Argos).

The problem we have is;
how do you attached the line, we have a float, line and a small piece of black elastic, but not ever having a pole before i don't know how to put the elastic to the fixed eye on the end. (because you can't use a bung)

Thanks. Mark

Beecy

Reaction score
Mark, this type of pole is not realy designed to take elastic, the idea is to tie the rig direct to the eye and fish line to hand style.

If you want to elasticate it you will have to cut the end eye off.

( you can of coures just tie a small lenght of elastic to the eye and put a loop in the end of the elastic to tie the rig to, but I would'nt recomend this for an inexperienced youngster as it will be very tangle prone)

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
Mark,

There are two ways of attaching a rig to a 5m whip.

1. Use a Stonfo connector glued onto the tip of the whip. You can buy Stonfo's from any decent tackle shop.The Stonfo has a little sliding clip for the loop of the rig to go into and a locking sleeve to keep it in place.

2. This is more difficult to explain: firstly you need to attach a small piece of silicone rubber about two inches down from the top of the whip.

The rig itself shold have a 2 inch piece of silicone threaded onto it. The dianmeter of the silicone should be just a little smaller than the diameter of the tip of the whip.

Then, take your rig and turn the loop back on itself to create a slip knot.
Wind your rig line around the top 2 inches of the tip and then secure in place with the longer piece of silicone that was attached to the rig.

Damn, that is another one of those things that is so much easier to show, than to describe in words.

Hope this helps.

Beecy

Reaction score
Well done Peter, I was going to have a bash at explaining the silicone way too but could'nt put it into words!

Beecy

Reaction score
yes, a chap not so long back asked how to use the matchman hook tyer !, a few tried to explain it but no-one made any sense !

L

Les Clark

Thanks for that infomation Peter ,I also have a 6mtr pole which I brought at a bootsale ,never used it and didn`t want to chop it about.
Looked at No2 option ,had to read it a couple of times before I twigged ,it`s simple when you work it out .

Mark Williams 8

Reaction score
Thanks everyone

I think I'll use the connector, that way my boy only has to tie a loop slip it on and he's away, great for him in the margins.

Thanks again to all for their time and advice.

Mark.