Clattercote Memorial Match

K

Kevin Perkins 3

Wouldn't it be easier just to send the money to Barney and save the rest of us wasting a day?

Failing that, I'll be there

Smokedodger

Reaction score
Not a bad date for me but the week before (13th) would be even better.I really want to try and make it this year and seeing it's quite a long journey for me I'm looking at B&B night before and after match, anybody know of a cheap B&B very near to venue? And anybody down this neck of the woods want to share travelling etc.

L

Limestone

I know we've had this discussion practically every year and the date of the inaugural event (10th April) was waaaay too early, but aren't we risking the fish having their minds on spawning in late May?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Lee, only if you come to the curry house after with the usual gang and make some recommendations off the menu. And sit next to Barney.

It's something I did consider Dave (Limestone) about the fish spawning but from a selfish viewpoint I can't make April due to being in Ireland for over a week and other stuff, and on 6th May we've got the Press Manor fly fish-in. But if someone else wants to organise it for April I'll give it a miss this year.

Although, I don't think all the fish will be spawning at the same time. And we might just drop on some decent weather for a change.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
We need to get the date settled quickly as late May could be a popular date and I need to make an early booking.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Graham, given it was a bit grim last year(coupled with very poor angling from yours truly), I would be up for the May date.Get it in the diary.