Bag cover

B

Bob Watson

I recently read a review of different sleeping bag covers but can't remember which came out on top and in which mag. Can anyone enlighten me?

E

EC

I think a lot of people (myself included) picked on one by trakker Bob, mainly because it came as part of a deal with a sleeping bag with bag cover included from England Angling and Climax

I have used it for sea fishing, camping etc and its ace.

B

Bob Watson

Too late Eddie, I got the big snooze for ?39.99 but no bag cover. It was "toasty warm" as you would say, without the cover on a recent night out. Had an old bag on the bed underneath the bag for insulation. I really want the cover for summer nights when I normally use an opened out bag quilt style.

E

EC

I think the cover on its own is about ?30 Bob, JRC deffo do one for about that much mate.

B

Bob Watson

They're mostly about that price give or take a few quid. It's bugging me which one won the "On test" in the mag. It was one of the cheapest out of ten or twelve.

E

EC

Oh sorry Bob, thought you meant what we were talking about here, doh!

Paul B

Reaction score
Bob, do you mean the test in "total carp" mag? best performance overall was the aqua cover 10/10(only one with removable lining) @ rrp ?50; trakker, fox, jrc, chub, gardner, tf-gear all 9/10 with chub having lowest rrp of ?30. Jrc was the thickest cover, chub claimed showerproof rather than waterproof.

the shakespeare one they reckon is exc value for money @?28 but only 8/10 for performance.

B

Bob Watson

Cheers Paul, that's the one!!

I get that many mags to read in the van I can't remember which is which.

Eddie, DOH!! Say that a lot do you?

;-)