too cold for chub

catman

Reaction score
Can it ever get too cold for chub? If not not do they start to have certain feeding times of the day?

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Only kidding mate ive been out today with my good friend John Ledger chubbing. We had a few between us but is was hard work tempting a few bites and it was really cold. Im not sure its the temperature that puts them off its just that there such contrary fish that feed every now and then and its a matter of being there at the right time and also in the right spot.Tight lines Mick

Beecy

Reaction score
glad you had at least a pull Mick!

I froze my knackers off on the Idle this morning and never had so much as a sucked maggot.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Chub are one of the few fish in the river in winter that will get themselves hooked even on the coldest days, it stands to reason that you won't get as many feeding as you will in the warmer weather but theres usually one or two that will give you some sport. Roach will sometimes feed as well in very cold weather but the killer for fishing is fluctuating temperatures rather than cold weather.

fred hall

Reaction score
As Graham says it's fluctuations in conditions that knacker things even chub fishing. Looking out of my window I see that it is still hissing down. Let's hope this is going to mean some good river fishing for the next 4 weeks before the season closes.

marcus ballam

Reaction score
i find keeping mobile when its cold is best for chub. lobworm for bait, castig into any likley spot. never fails....

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

There is so little water in the Thames at the moment that the rain saturday night/sunday morning significantly warmed the water. Yesterday afternoon had 11 Chub to 5-3 on cheespaste.