Solar V10i and V10 Receiver

S

Spoddy

Looking for some new remote bite alarms and like the look of solar's v series alarms.
There's no reviews posted,anyone got any,and what do you think of them.

lilypad

Reaction score
If you are cosidering buying these alarms you should look at a fwe other forums. I think you will change your mind, pronto.
They may look cute with their camo jackets, but you would like a set of alarms that are reliable. If you are spending that sort of dosh try the, so called ugly but well tried and tested Delkim Txi Plus.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Looks aint was its all about, maybe for some people but what you wanna be looking at is performance, reliabilty and my Delks piss all over the Fox alarms i had. Also the battery life on the Delks far exceeds the Fox alarms i had and the remote sounder on the Delks blows the Fox remote out the window i'm affraid.

DELKS.

S

Spoddy

fishtec say the solars are the most advanced bite alarm,but im not so sure now.
the delcs got loads more features.

Loads of good reports too.

which fox ones have you got cakey.

C

Cakey

I modified some gold sx's and use the fox remote system which is superb

C

Cakey

but if your a tackle tart like Wol then the delks are good I suppose

S

Spoddy

delcs it is then,all i gotta do now is find a good pod to put em on,my old ones fell apart.

C

Chairman BAZ (Angel of the North)

Could somebody tell me what the purpose or benefits of a reciever is over an ordinary bite alarm?
I notice the mini reciever can operate at 50 yds.

lilypad

Reaction score
It's for deaf old farts like me.
The Delk Plus Rx receives up to 200 Metres or so. But I only ever go a few yards away from my baited rods. Leaving baited rods unattended anything over 20\30 Metres is criminal.

C

Thanks mate, I thought I was missing the point with them.
It's ten Meters in the clubs in my area.
Whats the furthest distance away from your rods that the E.A. recomend?
I'm not picking, just curiouse.

S

Spoddy

having a remote reciever takes the place of trailing wires running to your sounder box.
sounders on alarms can be turned down at night,and you can monitor pick ups drops and runs from inside your comfy sleeping bag.

lilypad

Reaction score
I am not sure about the rules. But most of us just use common sense. Maybe visit your neighbour (if they're close) for chat and a cuppa. That's the limit that the people I go fishing with normally stick to.

C

Thanks again mate.
I know this is not the purpose of this thread, but I just did a quick check on the E.A.byelaws.

Never leave baited rods unattended or unsupervised. Agency byelaws require that while fishing, all rods should be under sufficient control of the angler.

On no account should baited rods be left unattended or unsupervised (E.A. Byelaw.)

This is why I can not uderstand the use of a reciever. Unless there is some other reason for their use. Fishing abroad maybe where rules are not so stringent??
To say nothing of the ethics of leaving baited rods unattended.