Sussex venues?

averageangler

Reaction score
Hello all,

Having spent a very enjoyable day in November loosing my fly-fishing cherry (Tributary of the test in Wherwell) after Grayling I wish to do more fluff chucking.

Being Sussex based these days I quite fancy trying the local reservoirs and possibly even buying a season ticket (if they do such a thing in trout fishing circles). Can anyone offer constructive reviews of the likes of Arlington, Balcombe, Weirwood etc? May even be persuaded to go as far as Bewl....

Can anyone suggest other local venues- not necessarily reservoirs, oversized trout would not be my thing (yet?), looking more for pleaseant surroundings and the chance to catch a few but not easy fresh stockies?

Many thanks.

Richard Baker 6

Reaction score
Hi there,

Look in the back of Trout and Salmon, There are season rods currently under offer on the River White water, a much under publiced trout stream south of London that shouldn't be too far for you. Rods on this river rarely become available so take a look in the classified, give them a call and see what you think. If you liked timsbury (ehich I've fished) you should like the White well.

Best of luck

Rich

averageangler

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, I have the magazine and have had a look.

Sounds very nice but with a honeymoon to pay for it may be a bit rich or my wallet currently. I think I will hone my casting skils on small stillwaters (and with a few lessons) and maybe in a season or two take the plunge with a river syndicate like this one.

In anticipation of actually catching some trout I will now start another thread on what to do with them once on the bank.