Salt in Hemp

Colin Smith

Reaction score
how much salt should i put in with hemp per kilo? thanks for your help guys....

col

Beecy

Reaction score
whats the idea behind the salt, never heard that one before.

is it just to raise the boiling point of the water?

Colin Smith

Reaction score
if u put it in after you have boiled it up, it darkens it up and gives it a lil more flavour, that my view on it...

E

EC

Baking soda as well apparently takes the acidity away, I reckon its a load of bollocks, but I still do it though! tee hee

Colin Smith

Reaction score
you can go too mad thinking too much about what you put in baits, but if you catch on it, why change what you're doing?!

Beecy

Reaction score
I put abit of baking soda and sugar in with my tares, its supposed to give em a darker sheen and makes the skins a bit more rubbery.

Ive put all sorts of crap in with hemp before, tumeric,chilli,five spice etc etc.
cant realy say wether it does any good or not! , it makes the kitchen smell a bit better though!

like you say Colin, if your happy with what your doing stick to it

Tom (Bream Machine)

Reaction score
I put baking powder in to blacken it, i think it just helps it keep it's colour which it can lose during cooking. I put a little sugar in during summer, not only sweetens it but helps lower the acidity. I put a little salt in during winter as usually then Roach, and Bream are looking for something with a mineral source. Works for me !

W

Wolfman Woody

I don't use Baking Soda, powder whatever you call it. I use Bicarbonate of soda. Isn't there other minerals and things in baking soda?

Also, consider a tablespoon of Nam Pla per ? kilo of hemp as a change. Now that does stink the house out!