Best Pike Weather

Stuart Keith

Reaction score
Hi, Whats the best weather for piking from experience?

WHen its warm or when the frosts are down?

C

Chris Bishop

Depends on the venue and time of year, I like mild with a nice SW breeze on the pits, clear and sharp days on some of the rivers.

Steve Barrie

Reaction score
Like Chris said every venues different and unfortunately with Pike there is no hard and fast rules, your best bet would to talk to pikers on the waters you want to try, most of us are quite ugily but normally approachable, as long as we don't think your a numpty.

Most pred anglers don't talk about specific venues on open forums because we know that can lead to your favourites swims being totally ruined in amatter of days.

L

levelspiker

my favourite weather in winter,is mild,overcast and breezy,especially after a cold period of weather.
in the autumn i prefer the weather to cool down after the hot summer,this cools the water and spurs the pike into a pre winter feeding spell.

T

Tomo(b.a)

BELIVE ME OR NOT BUT IN MY EXPEIREANCE A GENTLE BREEZE AND RIPPLE ON THE WATER OH AND DRIZZLE,BEETWEEN JAN-MARCH...

K

Keith Orange

A mild winter's day, bit of breeze, cloudy.

A hard overnight frost makes piking the following day more difficult. If the cold spell continues then pike usually become used to it.

I don't think it's worth fishing during or immediately after heavy snowfall or icy weather. I've done it but my catches haven't been that good.

C

Chris Bishop

Best few days I've had this season are those first few hard frosts we had in November, caught well three or four days on the trot on different waters.

Struggled for a run the last few trips, hopeful this midweek might be worth a pop with some hoolie weather forecast towards the end.

Weather's just mad these days though isn't it, just looking at some pics a mate took when we went fishing on Christmas Eve, sitting in the boat without a fleece or anything, it was so mild.

I can't get my head around it any more. Ypu do what look like being all the right things and don't catch, then you do something daft and nail one.

C

Chris Bishop

When and why out of interest..? I've got Wednesday pencilled in, fancy the day before the storm.

J

jason fisher

cheers for that chris am goin wednesday too my confidence up now here comes a 20.

L

Les Clark

I may give it another go tomorrow ,weather looks good apart from the high winds .

Stuart Keith

Reaction score
Im going tom as well! Going chuck one rod out for pike, and use my new pole I got got my Anniversary today (14) for lil fish! If I find the pike taking my roach then ill stick one of them on. Otherwise I got the following,

Lamprey
Trout
Sardines