fox alarms

glider

Reaction score
I`ve got the fox ps micro alarms and when set up on the stalker pod the drop off indicators have to be at an angle, as there is no vertical pole under neath the alarm. so it`s not straight on to the braid and when i checked to see how much pull was needed to unclip it to my horror it was way too hard to get it to release. so to my question is there an alternative such as a extention piece that some how means i can put the arm below and inline with the braid/line and making it easy to pull out the clip.Many thanks

C

Chris Bishop

You can get attachments which go in under the rear rests but why do you need a pod pike fishing..? You're far better with the rods splayed on bank sticks, much easier, less chance of a fish crossing your other lines.

glider

Reaction score
Thanks Chris,just went with the pod to keep things tidy and especially if the grounds too hard to get bank sticks into, where can i get the attachments? local shop ?

C

Chris Bishop

They used to be in their catalogue, I'd check someone like Brundall Angling Centre or Neville Fickling's shop.

They were only a fiver or so a pair.

I'll ask in my local shop in a couple of days' time but I have a feeling he doesn't stock the whole Fox range for reasons of space.

If you saw what one looked like, you could probably make one.

A

Andy Doughty

They do need to be set up right to work. Get or make (easy to do, and possibly cheaper) some extension bits for your rear buzz bar and then clip the wire of the head to the extension so that the pike takes the drop off cant move forwards. And if you have a Mk1 alarm, bin the line clips and fit some Solar ones. Mine now have isotopes in and I can fit drag weights to make them heavier if I need to.

C

Chris Bishop

Agree about the clips, Solar ones far superior to plastic.

glider

Reaction score
found some in my local shop made by fox they obviously realised their mistake only ?4.95 the pair

glider

Reaction score
Got the extension bars and they work a treat but decided i don`t like the alarms anyway so i`m selling them as a pair for ?60.00 including postage and have ordered two fox es microns instead and two swinger arms

J

jason fisher

one thing is of you get the extension arms and you're using front alarms and adjusta hangers as a drop off, you can put a thread on the end of the extension arm which helps.

C

Chris Bishop

Have a look at using a front alarm/drop off.

They're more versatile, ie you can also use them for float fishing on days when you spread your baits about a bit.

I'm convinced it's more sensitive, ie you often get a bleep or two and get to the rod as the fish moves off, especially fishing stillwaters.

You can make your own drop-offs with metal ball clips, weights etc which are far better than anything you can buy.

I'm sure it won't be long before someone brings out an even better clip.

J

jason fisher

chris i've been using fox adjusta hangers since 1988 or so, i've only had 1 deep hooked fish in the last 10 years and that was in the dark, the line had wrapped round the tip. but i do use fox sx alarms on the front and the adjusta hanger on the back. some times i move the hanger onto the tip of the extension arm depending on which reels i'm using. i have also modified the hangers to have a longer string on em. you can adjust the clip so that it just holds, this can be a problem if the wind gets up, when your drop offs all go at once.

glider

Reaction score
I don`t know about you guys but i`m fed up of being the test workshop for manufacturers take the fox ps alarms for example you try pulling the line from the retaining clip i tried and a 400lb marlin would struggle