Just signed up

pertinaxone

Reaction score
Hi all,

Have just signed up - properly... - after having a read of the forums for a while.

Have been fishing for about 25 years, and have just taken to fluff chucking (thanks to the "in-laws").

Really enjoy a good few hours down the local river (Mole @ Dorking) casting lures and spoons, sadly not retrieving as many as I cast sometimes!

Seen a few familiar screen names around, looks as if I may have made a mistake... ;)

All the best,

Jason

the indifferent crucian

Reaction score
Ah, The Mole!

I used to fish next to a wooden plank covered road bridge, just up from Box Hill. Never caught much apart from the desire to always be an angler.

I revisited it last year, it seemed shallower and with more debris in the water. And then I saw a lobster!

No seriously, it was the biggest Signal Crayfish you can imagine. Easily 8 inches long.

Exagerate? Moi?

I took a drive around Dorking in the hope of finding some more sections but I never did.

As a kid my family had permission to fish a private stretch...only I can't remember where it was!

pertinaxone

Reaction score
I revisited it last year, it seemed shallower and with more debris in the water.

You`ll be lucky to find much water at all some days... damn hydroelectric :(

And then I saw a lobster!

No seriously, it was the biggest Signal Crayfish you can imagine. Easily 8 inches long.

Yup, can believe that, shame you only saw a small one though!!!!! Have caught some well over that length :(:mad::mad:

Jason