What Is The Problem??

• Thread starter Chairman BAZ (Angel of the North)
  • Start date
C

Chairman BAZ (Angel of the North)

Having just read Billy Boys comments on the well respected angler on his trout lake, it really makes me wonder why people have to continually try and pull a fast one.

It happens in all aspects of angling doesn?t it?
Is it ignorance? Personally I think it?s more of a, I know what I am doing type of attitude, and I am only bending the rules a little bit so what?s the problem?
The problem is that this is usually somebody elses livelyhood.

Personally I don't give a monkeys for the angler that breaks rules no matter how petty. The rules are there for a reason.
I travelled a 50 mile round trip this weekend to deal with petty rule breakers. If it has anything to do with me, they will regret it.

Why can?t anglers go out for a fishing session and just stick to the rules? It doesn?t matter how petty a rule it is that is being broken, the problem is that rule breaking seems to be part of the sport.

What anglers don?t seem to realise is the fact that petty rule breaking gets magnified tenfold when most people are pulling one stunt or another, and when they get away with petty rule breaking this then leads to more serious things. Irresponsible parking, banned baits, and casting across somebody else?s swim, and that is before they have even wet a line.
Would life be too dull without it?