manor farm-harvington

newbieneil

Reaction score
ive been meaning to ask on here for ages has anyone fished much on this stretch of the warwickshire avon ?(the island section opposite the fish pub)-and what has been your success?...ive been probly fished it about 3 times myself 2 in summer and 1 in winter and ive never caught a barbel,that may be down to my fishing skills or lack of them but ive fished with other people and all we`ve managed between us is a few chub about 2/3lb and a couple of gudgeon/roach after scaling down for bites!!!
.....the other thing i want to ask is-has anyone chatted to the bailiff here?...he told me and my mate that there was " barbel upto 28lb"-to which we said "18 you mean?"..."no...28!!!"...,6lb perch and various other record obliterating fish in the stretch....he`d seen them with his own eyes apparently!...in his own words `they dont report them as everyone in the country would be flocking here and it would ruin it`!!! me and my mate were already trying to hold our s******s in but he was deadly serious!!! all i can think is he must be losing the plot and getting delusions of grandure!?

---------- Post added at 23:36 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

oh dear...ive been sensored for using another word for `laughing` ...dont think i missed the `s` off the start!?

delphi 73

Reaction score
The place you are on about is not manor farm - manor is the bit on the right before you get to the end.

The place you are on about I used to fish alot and the only peg I have ever caught a barb is the last peg on the strect - as it eneter manor - by the pylons. The bloke who own the stretch you are on about is a complete and utter nut job. All his fish are bigger than the british record and all have an eight in them. Catfish record is supposedly 48lb - perch 8lb..................

Best thing is to leave it and either fish the dry dock - on the left or manor - had loads of barbs there!

newbieneil

Reaction score
I stand corrected!...i thought the 2 stretches where both part of manor farm?!
i think your right about the bailiff ,he`s as mad as a bag of eels!

newbieneil

Reaction score
thanks mark...ive done that now,i didnt know it was disabled to be honest,did you try and pm me then?

newbieneil

Reaction score
sorry mark...i think you tried to message me again but it was thwarted by my pop up blocker!

quickcedo

Reaction score
It only took me 15 minutes to write too. lol. Pm me when you have it sorted and I'll re send it. All it is, is directions to all my favourite swims on the stretch you are fishing so, as the season is now over I guess there is no rush. There are one or two spots which have thrown up 14lb plus fish and I'll be back there at the start of the season.

newbieneil

Reaction score
sorry matey!...thanks for going to the trouble though! ... if you give me the info now i`ll only lie awake at night thinking about these barbel swims untill june!lol

bill_law

Reaction score
It only took me 15 minutes to write too. lol. Pm me when you have it sorted and I'll re send it. All it is, is directions to all my favourite swims on the stretch you are fishing so, as the season is now over I guess there is no rush. There are one or two spots which have thrown up 14lb plus fish and I'll be back there at the start of the season.

Hi Mark, I just read this thread for the first time as I am a new member. I am going to Manor Farm this weekend and hope to fish one of the lakes then the river later in the day. I have been told night fishing is permitted on the river only so might give that a try.

Never having fished Manor Farm before, I was just wondering where the best place would be. I would dearly like to try catching a Barbel and if you can guide me in anyway that would be really kind of you.

I will start another thread looking for advice in the general section but if you could do it here you might just make an old man very happy.

thanks in advance,

Bill