chopped worm

wiganwarrior

Reaction score
does anyone have any opinions on chopped worm fishing on canals, for example... flavouring the worm, where to put it, size of hook bait for different species, type of worm for chopping, hook preference ect....

John Wesley

Reaction score
i fish on the fox house stretch in sheffield, the roach come to the initial feed more or less straight away, to keep them i also put some blood worm pellets in.

Scott Poynton

Reaction score
Predator plus is a fantastic additive for chopped worm. will get the better fish going as well as the small perch etc. Only put very small amounts in on the canal, either down the track, or at the bottom of the far shelf. need a decent hook for perch and a solid strike, as perch have very hard mouths. Can fish a small chunk of worm at dead depth, or a large lobby well over depth. depends what your after.

Steve Brookes

Reaction score
just fished a match using choppie, but i also mixed up some black magic ( on the sloppy side ). chop the worm really fine almost to a pulp, add a capful of liquid worm to the black then take a small handful of black roll it in the worm and chuck over your float using a small piece of worm on the hook i was soon bagging on pasties& tench.

D

DAN .

CHOP WORM AND CASTER
you cant ask for a better canal bait when pellets fail chop will produce
on the stainy it acounts for good bags of bream ,large roach and bonus chub!

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

Chopped worms are one of the most effective fish attractors of all time.

Old JW Martin - The Trent Otter used to spend hours, if not - days "clipping" up worms for attracting barbel on the Trent in the late 1800s. He sometimes would clip up, using a pair of scissors, upwards of 2000 lobworms.

You mention casters Dan.

Take 10 pints of casters and pulverise the whole lot. Mix with about 1000 finely chopped lobs. Chuck that lot out and you will get every decent fish in the vicinity queuing up for your bait.

I can't afford to do it these days.