Bristol PAC Meetings for Feb & Mar

W

wyepike

Here are the details for the next two Bristol PAC meetings which will both start at 7.30 for 8pm at The Midland Spinner, London Road East, Warmley, Bristol, BS30 5JB, which will take us through to the end of this winters pike season. I can guarantee that Julian next week on Wed 22nd Feb and Pete on Wed 29th March will provide entertaining and provocative talks from very different perspectives (Julian young, innovative and ambitious, and Pete enormously experienced and one of the all time great anglers in piking) which will give us insights into piking locally and further afield on a wide variety of waters. Hopefully by now you will all have caught a few more fish and maybe a biggie. Not sure who is currently leading on the Martin Brown Bristol Avon pike trophy (Paul Hughes maybe?) but I can assure you others including me are trying hard also! As an Avon virgin until recently its proving fun for me and a steep learning curve! To any of us fishing hard waters seemingly empty of pike all I can suggest is keep on trying (ie keep on banging your head against that brick wall) ??.if the fish we are trying to catch are still alive (not certain when you see some of the killer rigs used by some anglers) then at least we know that by mid March they will be fat and pristine condition?.if we can find them. Bring your photos along on the 29th then?. Don?t forget another trophy will be presented to whoever has caught the biggest pike this season.

MEETINGS

Wed 22nd Feb. Speaker: Julian Chidgley from Bridgwater. Background: Julian has had pike to 29 lb 15oz from Chew Valley Lake on float ledgered deadbait. The fish was the biggest of three twenties he caught that week. He is 23 and enjoys all forms of pike fishing. He started at an early age targeting local canals and drains, progressing to the large lochs and reservoirs he now mostly fishes. In the slide show he will cover piking on The Somerset Levels, Chew Valley, Scotland, boat fishing, pre-baiting, and fly fishing for pike.

Wed 29th March. Speaker: Pete Climo from Taunton will be talking and showing slides mainly about Fly Fishing for Pike on Chew Valley Lake and the many big fish to 39+ that have been caught on the fly. Some of the fish including the 39 have not been publicised, although you may know the anglers involved, so some good stories remain to be told. Pete will be showing us some innovative boat handling techniques which have increased the catch rate dramatically. Please note that all pike or predator anglers in the area are welcome to come along to Bristol PAC meetings whether PAC members or not. Our aim is to make the Bristol PAC a friendly group that exists to support pike, and pike fishing, get our views across widely, and provide a way for pike/predator anglers to meet each other socially (and then go fishing).

Well thats it, hope to see you next Wed 22nd Feb at The Midland Spinner, Warmley, to hear Julian Chidgley talk about his innovative approach to piking.
Thanks,

Martyn Cattermole

Bristol PAC. Martyn Cattermole - Regional Organiser, 16 Hyde Avenue, Thornbury, South Glos. BS35 1JA. Email: martyn@cunac.com. Tel: (0207) 993 8122.

L

levelspiker

it`s good to see that you are bringing the bristol region back to life martyn,good luck with it mate.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Hi Martyn,

I don't believe it! 22nd Feb.

I'm on 2-10, again, arggggghhhhhh!

Just checked the callender, 29th march I'm on earlies, so I will see you all for sure!

Steve.