One fish or two?

S

Sage

The two pictures in this album come from my club website. They were taken about three years apart but are both from the same lake. The question is, is it the same
fish ?

Note the different weights reported.

C

Cakey

I would say same fish and the same wieght too but...........................

gooch

Reaction score
they look like the same fish not many have a scale pattern like that on there tails

S

Sage

personally I think it is the same fish, but some of my mates disagree. Apparently the old fella caught it on floatfished luncheon meat under a bush in the margin....

who needs fancy baits!!

gooch

Reaction score
yer was the old fellas one caught before the other

S

Sage

I have just skimmed through the catch reports on the website. 25lb August 2003, 36lb September 2004.
11 pounds in just over a year seems a bit much to me...

gooch

Reaction score
ive caught carp within a week of each other that have last 1lb in weight
also one of the bigger fish in our lake was tipping 30lb before it got teathered and now its goin 23lb that weight loss was within w month

Big Mart

Reaction score
I reckon they look the same fish. if you look at the large mirror scales near the head on the old boys fish they do look a little further apart than on the other picture., i.e. the fish has gained some length. As for weights, any witnesses or was it thissssssssss heavy??

Big Mart

Reaction score
'Teathered' - Someone's hooked into the fish using a rig where the lead is fixed (i.e. not on a safety clip). The line has snapped above the lead so the said fish swims round until the lead its trailing gets stuck on something and the fish becomes teathered. Like a dog on a lead that can only move in its immeadite area until someone frees it.

lilypad

Reaction score
Same fish. Suspect claimed weight is a bit high, especially the 36lb.About the same weight in both captures.