does size matter?

S

Sage

I know a load of rubbish gets written in the carp mags, but I had to smile as I read Carpworld on the train home tonight.

First there was Dave Lane saying you should use 20mm boilies to avoid hooking Tench. In the very next article there is a guy using 18mm baits and getting wiped out by Bream.

So how big are your boilies ?

S

Steve Ayscough

On my local lake quite a few years ago we were getting plagued with tench so one lad decided to make some BIG boilie the size of a golf ball he even made a throwing stick out of a bit of scafold pole(which he needed to use both hands to use). the first fish he caught you guest it was a tench!!!

C

Cakey

fishing lac raho in france with 3x20mm donkey chokers and still caught bream................................mind you they are BIG bream !

S

Sage

but i bet they still came straight in :)

Sounds like you are bream magnet like me Cakey!

C

Cakey

I cant remember the last time I caught bream whilst carp fishing so no Im no bream magnet..........................................now trout thats a different matter

B

Billy boy (B.A)

fished double 18mm boilies for a long time now on the Trent only stopped getting pestered by bream when i started experimenting with different base mixes.

gooch

Reaction score
i hurd there using tenis ball sized baits in romainia just to stop the small carp