good thoughts!

L

little Stu!

I like it Centurian, good thought provoking stuff, keep em coming!

B

Bob Watson

Good article Rik, it got me thinking again.

I first came across washed out baits at Selby. Young Lee Buchan had them in various stages of being washed out in Lake water collected on a previous trip. His theory, which seemed entirely plausible to me was that baits in a small container would soon reach a state where the water they were in would only reach a certain amount of dillution, so he transferred these partially washed out baits to a "fresh" pot of lake water. I think he had about 3 stages. You could see the difference in colour and size. It really is something I should be using or at least trying on the pressured waters up here.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Bob, the only thing you tried coming across at Selby was a portaloo.

G

Grant Lever

thought provoking ? well iv,e had a think and reckon this method has been around for about 10 years.

F

Frothey

yep, but how many people use it.

a bit like boiling maggots to make them taste nutty....

Malc Bason

Reaction score
Yes it has Grant, but as Frothey has stated, it is things such as this that are so often overlooked.

There are a heck of a lot of new 'postees' on this forum now, and such articles are very helpful to not only the beginner, but as a reminder to all of us of what can be done to give the required edge on some waters.

Obviously this will be of no help to anyone such as yourself with such a vast array of knowledge of all things fishing!

In this connection, perhaps you would like to submit something you consider more "thought provoking" and worthy of an article on Fishing Magic?

C

Cakey

Published Articles
Sorry, this member has not yet had any articles published on the site. To submit an article of your own for consideration click here but please first read our article writing guidelines.

grant lever .......as helpful as an ashtray on a motorbike

B

BLAM

In Rik's defence he does state "Washed out boilies have been around for a while". Furthermore since its an instructional article it's by definition almost certain to cover topics more advanced anglers already know about. However the point is lots of people won't have heard of washed out baits and hence it's very useful.

B

Big Rik

Thanks for the defence, but Rik is used to getting attacked.

I'll join in debate about something I've written if people have opposing views, but not to defend why I've bothered to write an article in the first place.

As any article writer on here will tell you, we don't write them for the money.

J

jason fisher

one step further does anyone use pre soaked freebies.

thinking being, if the fish usually take washed out baits then they might be shying off new ones and if you're on a short session is there any advantage in trying presoaking the freebies.

J

jason fisher

p.s. if thats a pic of rick in the green bit at the top why does he look like stavros.

Golden

Reaction score
Great article Rik, thought provoking indeed. Trouble is, thinking makes me want to ask questions ...
Do you think that reducing the flavour levels right down would have the same effect? or is it not as simple as that? Maybe the texture and colour difference plays a part? Or maybe it's the fact that every ingredient has been diluted to a certain degree ....
What do you think guys?