Chub - no quiver tip/float

catman

Reaction score
I haven't got a quivertip rod and i don't want to float fish for chub. I use paste. What other effective options do i have?

J

jon helyer

With paste, touch ledgering, or you could try lures or fly fishing

G

Ged

Chub will readily take a fly. Thats why some fly fishermen kill them when caught.
I have caught chub, grayling, dace, perch, roach and rudd on the fly.
Also had some big carp take the fly but have always been snapped by them, have been fishing for trout when the carp have taken.

G

Ged

Have you tried float fishing with a feeder?
Set up as for strett pegging.

catman

Reaction score
Can I have that in english please Ged. Please excuse my ignorance i am very new to the whole river scene. Usually more of a carp and cat man.

G

Ged

Set up as for float fishing. But attach a free running feeder you to your line with a stop shot before the hook. Length of line between hook and stop shot can be what ever length you want. Length of line between feeder and float depends on depth of water to be fished.

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

what rods have you got catman ?

Matty C

Reaction score
free lined worm or slug is a gooden in the summer.. freelined bread also works well getting into autumn I understand.. have always stuck to float fishing or quivertipping in the winter n early spring months, so cant really help much for this time of year..

sorry dude

Matty C

Reaction score
Im curious to know why you dont want to float fish for them though catman.. ?

Its very rewarding to be so persistant n finally get that heavy lump on the end of the line..

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Is this a way of handicapping yourself or something, whats wrong the conventional ways?

Different ways for different days, and different rivers of course, my preference is the float but there are days when a feeder is the better option. I don't think I would enjoy fishing a river if I could only freeline a bait, its too restricting for my money