Go Fishing Show

catman

Reaction score
I've bought a ticket for the Sunday. I was just wondering if it's good.
Do you have to pay for any extras once you get in there?
Any other tips are very welcome.

Joskin

Reaction score
So you bought a ticket and then thought you would find out if its good or not!

My oppinion is its crap but im not a carp angler and the majority of it seems to be aimed at carp anglers.

C

Cakey

someone had better warn them........................catmans on the way !

Joskin

Reaction score
May I suggest you write a list of all yoiur Linear fisheries questions and take them to see Roy Parsons while your there.

J

jason fisher

cat man will love you for that if he gets roy talking he could still be there next year.

Joskin

Reaction score
I reckon once they get talking no one else will get a look in. Ive read some of Catmans posts and he's got allot of questions to ask.

J

jason fisher

i once bumped into him on the banks on stjohns, fortunately i was the only person on that day, don't think he'd have made it home if he'd have given everyone as thorough talkthrough of the lake as he did me.

this is in no way a dig at roy by the way, i could only wish that more people were like him.

Joskin

Reaction score
Certainly one of the most helpfull there is.

His phone rings constantly with anglers asking the stupidest of questions and he always answers them politly. I sometimes wonder how he can do it without tearing his hair out and telling them to F off. I certainly couldnt do it.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Jason is that the lake that Matt H caught the chub from? (St Johns.)
I went in search of them with no joy.

They had joined the two lakes together.

Doh!

C

Cakey

Yep Roy is one of the best ....he used to pick me up from the old car park in his 4x4 and drop me at my swim and when it was time to go he would take me back to my car

L

levelspiker

i went in 2004,it was packed out,the price of refreshments was a rip off(in my opinion)and you aren`t allowed to take your own food inside the building.i won`t be going back in a hurry.

Reaction score
I went last year and although I found that the stalls selling discounted (my ar*e!)tackle were pretty disappointing, I did end up with an armful of free bait, (four packets of dynamite baits boilies and a couple of large bags of groundbait), which pretty much covered the cost of entry and then some.

The secret is to check which freebies are handed out at which talk and plan your day accordingly. Don't bother queuing for Angler's Mail and IYCF goodie bags, its the same cheap plastic tatt that they give away with the magazines.

As levelspiker says the food and drink is very expensive so sneak some in with you.

I met John Wilson and Bob James too... which was nice.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Steve it was Smiths and Hardwick lakes that were joined.
I think the chub were in Smiths along with some big roach, rudd and hybrids.
Ron will know for sure as I remember him telling me how he was asked to move because Matt H wanted his swim ( he wasn't very happy about this ! )
I think all the chub have died off now.

Y

yoggy

To be honest i went for the 1st time last year,and didn`t really enjoy it.Far to many people crammed in to the building,as stated the refreshments were a complete rip-off,and the car-parking fees were a bloody joke.As far as the tackle prices goes,my local tackle dealer was cheaper!!!!

But to be fair to the traders,i was told that the floor rent was an unbelievable price and they had to make x amount before they made any profit?.

njb51

Reaction score
In which case, go on the Sunday. Many of the manufacturers cant be bothered to bring alot of stuff back and so will be throwing it at you to take it. Watch out for tackle barrows though, they are a bit heavy!

Johnny W

Reaction score
If you want to have a pleasant wander round, go on the Friday although bargains can be had on the Sunday.
Take a small rucksack for the freebies. You can also use the cloakroom to keep your stash of freebies while you have an unencumbered wander round.
Watch out for the giant prawns that look like huge maggots.
Take a camera and a small child to photograph with the angling "celebs"

It's not crap, just crowded.