Should angling be banned?!!!

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
There is a poll running on whether angling should be banned please take the time to vote if you dont the anti's will.
poll

Ian Alexander

Reaction score
I have already replied to this one after being told about it on another forum. This is what I sent.....

Sir,
What an absurd idea. In the light of the animal nazi ''success'' of banning foxhunting I can assure you that banning fishing will NOT happen. There are too many anglers out there! Foxhunting was a perfect target for the animal nazis. Minority sport and politically, one that the jealous left elites could attack. Foxhunting was a political attack. The proletariat getting back at the ''toffs''.
Angling is entirely a different kettle of fish. There are about 6 million anglers at any one weekend in the British Isles. More in the summer. NO political party would want to alienate such a vast voter harvest. Forget it. The animal nazis are on to a definate loser here.
I could go on about the scientific reasoning why fishing, compared to foxhunting is entirely different. Suffice for me to say I have released hundreds of fish back after playing them into submission. Some - trout and pike and sea fish - I kept and ate- delicious they were too. Most I released. After a very hard fight they were unhooked and lowered into the water. They swam away slowly, nothing like the animal nazis claim as suffering from stress. Those fools need to get away from amorhopromising animals and grow up.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Its not a poll --they are just asking for your views.......

keora

Reaction score
I understand from the Angling Times that 99% of respondents to the Independent poll were in favour of angling.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

thats because 99% of the respondents were anglers ..