Shimano Purist Barble classic 11/12'

broomy

Reaction score
Just bought one of these and tried it out yesterday Chub bashing on the Tees. The river was well up and flowing strongly but not to coloured.
The rod is a pleasing matt olive green colour. Has double legged rings (which was one of my main considerations for purchase). A nice wind up reel fitting, not one of the wind down fore grip type that comes loose when you are playing a good un (take note Mr Grey)
Three white coloured tips with large bore single leg rings at 2/3 and 5 oz. The rod comes in a holdall that will take the assembeld rod. The 1' butt extension section has no rings so can be removed inserted at will. The Avon top and quiver section is rated 1.5lb TC.
I had ten chub between 4lbs and 2lbs and the playing action at 11' is with a steady bend from tip down to top of butt section . Doubt I will use it at 12'
I got stuck on the bottom and was able to really test the bend against my 6lb sensor hooklength and theres plenty of power there.
Rod will be quite capable of taming large barble with 10bs line
Nice thing was I had a four pound chub the first cast with my new rod. The bread flake hit the water settled on the bottom and Mr chub instantly hooked himeslf in the back of the throat. A shortly after found his way into my net