Toothy Critter Jerkbait Rods

R

Rob Brownfield

Has anyone use a Toothy Critter Jerkbait rod? I have seen some on special offer (?54) and thought I may get one. My jerk road is only rated to 2.4 oz and i really need something for my bigger baits. Any suggestions other then this rod?

Cheers

T

Tim Kelly

Rob

The toothy critter rod is OK, but if you are into jerkbaiting have a look at the St Croix rods. They are so much better than anything else I've seen in this country. The 6'6" 1-3oz rod is a great allrounder, 6'10" 1/2-2oz brilliant for spinnerbaits, spinners, spoons, jigs and smaller jerks like 6" Reef Hawgs. My next buy will be the 6'9" 1-5oz rod which should be even better for bullies and big jerks. They are expensive but well worth while.
Having said all that I know plenty of people who are very happy with the toothy critters, especially the 7' version, so it's all down to what you want to spend.

Good fishing

Tim

R

Rob Brownfield

Tim, thanx for that. I normally get my rods built by The Anglers Workshop (Kevin Baynes) but I was after something that would be cheap and rugged for use on my local lochs from the shore. Needs to be 6 feet or less as I have to wade a lot. My present rods are all 6 foot 9 inches, and are a wee bit long.

I will have a look at the St Crix rods though as i have heard wonderous reports on them
Thanx again

G

Gary Knowles

Rob,

I've got one of the Toothy Critter rods. Its light extremely rugged and cast a hefty jerkbait a good distance. I can't really tell you much about it though as all I have landed is a couple of rainbows on it !

I've also got one of their multipliers - lovely smooth little reel......

R

Rob Brownfield

Gary, thanx for that :eek:)

I think I will get one for "rough and tumble" fishing.