Berkely snide clear leaders

B

Bill Cox

Anyone know where i can buy the above leaders?? Only place i can find them is endtackle.com but the three and sixfoot ones seem to be permenantly out of stock. I think Rik posted a link to these or something similar a while back but i can't find that either.Anybody help?

B

Bill Cox

Carp fishing John, supposed to be the best way to get the advantages of leadcore without the disadvantages of leadcore(if that makes any sense). Not used em yet just read a few good things about them and thought i would give them a go. I'm sure Rik said on here that he was experimenting with them.

B

Big Rik

been using them for quite a while now.

both carping and barbelling

S

sash

Sorry to sound dense but what are the disadvantages of leadcore if set up safely? I can only think of visibility.

B

Bill Cox

What are your thoughts Rik, having used them for a while, good points/bad points ?

R

Robert Woods 1

Can you make up your own with 30lb clear Amnisia. Tie a swivel at one end and leader knot other to mainline. I use running leads...???

B

Big Rik

haven't found any bad points over other leaders.

Good points.
Visibility.
No knots, the fused loops are smooth and seamless.
V. smooth exterior.

B

Bill Cox

Just ordered them again !! The original order came today with everything but the leaders. Invoice said i had canceled them.(i hadn't)i still have the confirmation e mail with them clearly listed and included in the price.????????? Not like tackle box to fu*k up.Trouble is i am left with two lots of postage.

Good to read you have no faults with them Rik. Hopefully try em on Sunday when i go.(if they arrive on time).

B

BLAM

How do you guys connect them to your mainlines? I've been using a loop to loop knot for the mainline which seems the best arrangement. However I haven't been happy with the usual Korda lead clip set-up with these leaders and have switched to a running system with Enterprise running snag safe clips. Just wondered what everyone else was doing.

B

Big Rik

depends how and where I'm fishing.

I use loop to loop when carping if I'm bag fishing or needing to do something intricate or time consuming with the rig, as I make up a new one and then thread them loop to loop (aka double patting) to save time.

Barbel fishing, which tends to involve a rig and a clipped on bag, then I tie them on using a twice through the loop clinch knot (uni/grinner)

No problems with either way of connecting them.

F

Frothey

bill,

try phoning them and explain you didnt cancel, they might send post free

B

Bill Cox

Well its been the best part of a fortnight now since i ordered the leaders from Tacklebox. They are out of stock!! Only other places i can find them listed is at endtackle, and England angling and they are also out of stock there as well. Does anyone know anywhere else i might find them ?? even better anywhere that has them in stock.

B

Bill Cox

Thanks Rik, Time is 14.00 on Sunday. Worked all night and only just got up. Getting no answer from them so assume they close early sundays. I will ring them first thing tomorrow morning. Thanks for your help
Bill

L

little Stu!

those two old birds open Sunday.......oh I don't think so Bill. (Lovely old gals who run it though mate).

Sash, the advantages over leadcore (even if set up safely) is the fact that they should get round the ban on many venues.

Rik got me onto these in france last september and I wanted to give them a go, unfortunatekly work has had the better of me since then. I just hope that the next time I go is not when we all get together for our french trip in June!!! (how sad?)