Medium feeder/ledger reel

Mr Bones

Reaction score
Hi all
I?m looking for a medium feeder / ledger reel. Not to expensive! Any recommendations?

Ta in advance.

Mr Bones

Reaction score
Thanks Bob Bone 2
I do have th hyperloop rods both feeder and match, both from WMAC in fact.

It's a reel recommendation I'm after.

(that's a reel as in fishing reel not real as in true. Although a real reel recommendation would be really handy!!) I'll shut up shall I?

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
Mr Bones,

What's your price range? I might spend ?70 on a feeder reel and consider that reasonable as it will be better quality than a ?20 reel, and therefore cost the same in the long run as it will outlast the cheap reel especially where the rigours of feeder fishing is concerned. The thing is you are spoilt for choice in every price bracket. I use Shimano nowadays, and therefore would recommend one and the size to look for is 4000 for that type of fishing. If you are doing close range work (upto 30 yards) and using lines up to 5lbs, and want something that can do floatfishing as well then the 2500 size is a more versatile choice.

Francophil

Reaction score
My advice is to buy the best you can afford and to shop around before you part with your money. If you are strapped for cash at the moment, wait until you can afford to spend a bit more on a quality reel that will last you for a good few years. Reels used for feeder fishing often take a bit of a bashing.

Like Mark Wintle, I like Shimano and if you want a medium priced reel have a look at the Exage range. They are very well built, they look good and most importantly they do the business,

I

Ian Cloke

Have a look at the Okuma range of reels, they are VERY good value for money.