Re ShimanoCombi Quiver&Rod Sleeve's

A

Alan John Degville

Graham ,
I'd been looking&searching fora similar system for a couple of month's, but couldn't make up mind wether to buy a carp holdall or a quiver holdall
After reading your review Praising the quiver&sleeve;s Iv'e gone & ordered a quiver& 6 sleeves 3 for carp fishing 3 for general fishing IE river'e&pools.
Could you tell me what you use to keep rod's section's together,also how you fold the rod's after setting them up at home For 2&3section rod's.
See my luck's already started changing seeing your review made up my mind

J

John Howard

For 2 section rods I clip the hook into the bottom ring of the top section then fold tip to the butt. I use a piece of pipe insulation wrapped in insulation tape slipped over the joint and an elastic band to hold tip to the butt. I have tried 3 section rods but always had trouble putting them together with out tangles. So I dont bother with these In fact I only have 1 x 3 section rod so its not a problem for me

A

Alan John Degville

John,
Thanks for info looks like i'll have to sell my 3 section rod's &change them to 2 section .Can you or any forum member reccomend a 2 section Carp float rod price not a problem For fishing no more than 3/4 rod length;out
And a reel to suit,
Cheer's Larry

J

John Howard

further info req. ie size of fish how often would the rod be used, is the water you fish weedy or snaggie. what test curve rods do you use John

B

Bob Car

Alan, I posted a thread earlier this week basically asking the question "Quiver or Holdall" on Carp Fishing and I have had some very interesting answers it may pay you to take a look at it. Bob.car

A

Alan John Degville

John,
I'm sorry i don't know much about test curve's etc i would use it in frequently only when the carp don't respond to the method style off fishing .I alway's feed 3 swims for fishing a floatThe swim's would be very snaggy, ie right next to pan docks fish of up 15lb's are coming out regularily from these margin pegs .But iv'e only got a match float rod.And i would like to try &get some of them out but on a match rod designed for roach fishing etc, i don't have much chance the carp have never shown in the margin's before so when the carp were not feeding i used to, try &catch some roach/perch &small tench.But with the carp showing up ,& i like to try &land every fish i hook hence me asking about a float carp rod.The rod would have to take 10lbs mainline to 9lbs flouro carbon hooklength maximum hooksize is 10 barbless.
sorry about the length of reply
Cheer's Larry
p/s Do you or anyone know anything about these margin pole's that take a 20 elastic

C

Chris Bishop

I always carry my rods tackled up and ready to go - over a season I'm sure the time you save adds up to several extra days' fishing.

Kids' stretchy hair bands are great for holding sections in transit.

Otherwise use rod bands. Some hold the lead for you to stop it cracking the varnish on your rod.

J

John Tait

"Kids' stretchy hair bands are great for holding sections in transit.

Otherwise use rod bands. Some hold the lead for you to stop it cracking the varnish on your rod."

If I could make a recommendation, gentlemen ??? - treat yourselves to a few sets of John Roberts rod clips. Each set comprises of two items, one of which you clip the top of the butt section and the bottom of the tip section into, the other one takes the top of the tip and the base of the butt.

Use these, plus a rod-band around the top of the handle, and everything will be nice and secure.

As a bonus, they are also a nice bright pink in colour, so you don't lose them if you drop them in the grass !!

Jonty

K

Kevan Farmer

"Kids' stretchy hair bands are great for holding sections in transit."

I use Gold Label rod bands for my rods. But hair bands do have a very good use. I use them for slipping over the spool on my reels. They are far better than a rubber band and are a lot easier to take off - especially in the Winter.

Kevan

K

Kevan Farmer

Forgot to mention. There is a very nice four piece rod featured in the latest 'Coarse Fisherman' magazine. I know you are after a two piece and this one can be left as two pieces if you wish. If I remember rightly it's about 2lb test and 12' long, made by Fox. The testers were so impressed they didn't at first realise it was actually a four piece. Anyway, the advantage is that if you wished you could stick it in the boot of the car - 4 * 3' sections.

Kevan

A

Alan John Degville

Thank's
For all the info info especially the one about using kid's hair band's on Reel Spool's I think i'll nick the grand daughter's she's alway's leaving them lying around.When she come's visiting save buying some Hee Hee Hee
Cheer's Larry