Advice on brolly or shelter

Jock

Reaction score
Hi guys
I currently have a fox evo classic, looking to replace it with a new shelter or brolly, would like one that is easy and quick to erect, to be used for day sessions only, was looking at the WYCHWOOD MAXIMISER SHORT SESSION SHELTER does anyone have any info on this one good or bad, or any advice on other options.
Regards.

B

BLAM

A mate of mine has the Wychwood Maximiser and it does seem somewhat heavy so you might want to consider lighter alternatives. It's also expensive (nigh on double the cost of alternatives) for what it is IMO. I've seen a couple of guys with Fox Evo Xs and they seem very happy but like Bryan says get hold of Coarse Fisherman because there was a review of these things this month.

B

Big Rik

what about a good old standard oval brolly?

Nash with sides about ?90.

U

unknownforce

i mainly fish days, the occasional night in the summer. i have been more than pleased with the jrc stealth brolly with zip infill panels for nights (easy to carry and light too).

G

Gary Knowles

Rik - I have the Nash hog. Brilliant piece of kit for overnighters. Size of a brolly when folded away, comes with a groundshhet (although I dont bother) and stormrods.

It has a detachable front face (I rarely use this) but it is usefull to have in the car just in case the weather turns really bad.

I use it for all my overnighters now for all species.

Jock

Reaction score
Thanks for the input lads.
Much appreciated.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Does anyone know what the lightest brolly/oval is that has the zip out front?
Just for overnighters involving a long walk where a barrow won't go.
I have the trakker specimen brolly at the mo but its a tad heavy,I know the jrc one weighs a bit too.
Money not a problem cos its cheaper than a bad back!

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Matt, how about the Trakker (or Aqua) Big Z 60"?

The 50" is incredibly light, but no panels are available off the shelf. You may be able to get some custom panels made up though. Give Aqua a ring.

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Hi Matt mate,I thought about your big Z as it is light,just a pity about the panels though

A

Aide B

I recently won a wychwood short session shelter. Used it once put it on Ebay. Didn't get much for it but what I did I put it towards a Nash Hog, and very please - far quicker to put up than the SS Shelter and put away!!

mattzzzzzz

Reaction score
Off to the Go fishing show next saturday,I will be the one with the scales weighing bivvies and brollies

Big Z or Nash Hog then

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Matt, Adam told me to look out for a brolly where the ribs go all the way to the floor. He was saying how the difference in stabilty in high winds is amazing.

Makes sense to me.

arenaman

Reaction score
the nomads not a bad bit of kit either,its the same as the hog but,without the zip in front,and theyre half the price ,dont listen too much about the nashie quality moans,ive got a titan and groundhog and theyre both top bits of kit

Richard Wilson 3

Reaction score
What about the new trakker A lite? Fantistic shelter for day or overnight, i have one, it does.nt take long to put up, and if you do like it then the winter skin is about ?89.99.im impressed with mine, i used to use a 50" storm brolley,but i like the A Lite better.

arenaman

Reaction score
i think the way forward is to actually look at whats on offer,your height etc come into play depending on which one you choose