Old Delkims

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Hi All,

I've just bought two old delks seperately off ebay, thay have both come fine and both are in good working order, however they are slighly different. In the first one the line runs over what looks like a bit of exposed circuit board. On the second on the line runs over a small off white coloured Y shaped bit of plastic, I have not seen this type before. It appears to be much more sensitive and I suspect is a later improved model. Can someone inform me whether this is the case or not as I would like to purchase another one and I would like to be sure I was getting the latest type.

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Warren,

Both of the types I am talking about have the older style bodies but as I said before the actual part where the line runs through the alarm is different.

P.S.

Have you got them Queensfords systems yet?

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Come on someone must know! I know your all sneaking the last half hour at work on the net so dont be shy!

C

Cakey

Paul the original Optonic/Delkin mod the line turn a roller which turn a magnet rammed up a piece of silicon

it sounds like on the second one someone has used a modern Delkin vibrate detector and modded it themselves

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Ahh that could explain it Cakester, if thats the case I wouldnt mind them modding my other, sensitivity if more than doubled! If you blow on the part where the line runs though when the alarm is switched on and at its highest sensitivity then it gives you a couple of bleeps!