I Need A Chair

R

Rodney Wrestt

I'm looking for a light chair that isn't too low to the ground, the lightest I've seen is made by Chub, it's called the X-chair and weight a couple of kilo's or the Fox Adjusta chair. Has anyone got any other suggestions as the majority of chairs I've seen seem to be very low and weigh quite a lot. Anyone seen the new Fox Stalkers if so are they any good. :-}~

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I've just received the new Chub X Chair. I'll be reviewing it in a week or so after I've tried it a few times.

K

Kevan Farmer

I had one of the deluxe recliners from Fox a couple of years ago. These are not light unfortunately. I have also had problems with one of the leg adjusters slipping. This has meant the chair has collapsed on me a couple of times. Go for the Chub chair.

Kevan

A

Alan John Degville

A mate of mine has just brought a new fox chair it's heieght is about that of a standard conti box with a couple of tray's &a pole seat .It looked comfortable,he got it from Foster;s in Birmingham it was ?34.95.
I shall be getting myself one when iv'e saved some more money
Cheer's Larry

C

Chris Bishop

I had a Fox chair last season - it fell apart after a couple of trips. This was the one up from the Adjusta one, which I didn't get because it looked too flimsy.

Now I just take a big unhooking mat and sit on that 'till I catch something.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Thanks Graham & Kevan,
I think I'll wait for the review before I make my final choice as I've been looking at the X-chair and Adjusta chair for a while and saving up my pennies then I saw the new Fox one and that threw me a little as it looks very nice with the adjustable backrest. :-}~

R

Rodney Wrestt

Alan,
Thanks for the details, is the chair you are talking about the "Stalker" with the adjustable backrest if it is how heavy is it roughly, I've seen other makes of chair and they are very heavy which is fine for Stillwater's or session fishing but not much good for roaming or walking to find a river spot. The Fox Adjusta chair is the other one I've been looking at and the only thing that's stopped me getting one (apart from the cash) is I've not seen an X-Chair except in a photo and I can't really assess the height but it looks more compact that the Fox one. :-}~

R

Ron Clay

There is a valid market now for a really light chair. All of them are just too darned heavy and bulky too.

I reckon a fortune awaits the chair designer who can come up with something weighing less than 500 gms with adjustable legs and back and cabable of being carried in a small rucksack.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Ron,
My order would be in the post right away, however the height of the chair (from feet to seat) is important too as most chairs seem to be just a few inches from the ground, not suitable for someone with back problems even if someone else carried it to the swim for them, I agree light, adjustable legs, backrest, decent dimensions. Not too much to ask is it?. :-}~

S

Stuart Bullard

Bugger me, Grahams got yet another freebie! How are those carbon bank sticks....

Anyway, I have the fox adjusta and I find it fine, very light. What I would have liked is a strap with it because it is awkward to carry.

A

Alan John Degville

Rodney,
I don't know which model it is. i'll ask him when i see tommorrow night in the club when i go for a pint,if he tell's me i'l post back on monday.
Cheer's Larry

D

david jeferies

i need a new chair and want one to take the
weight of a 20 st person, can you help?

C

Carp Angler

I use the JRC super recliner chair, it's bloody heavy but it holds my weight, which is slightly more than 20 stone.

D

Dave Johnson

Lost weight since I saw you last week then eh Rik......
I'm happy enough with my Fox Premier, nice and comfy-strong and versatile. You can fold the back legs flat if you are on an incline-as most river banks are.
with a shoulder strap added, its no bother to up kit and rove as I tend to do.

I looked at the ChuB X last week in a certain gents garage and while impressed with the weight of the thing, it was too high and not adjustable at all. I would guess that it was not designed for the river angler at all-but would be suited to a commercial or similar type water with perfect flat pegs. Any slight incline would render this chair useless.

I suppose it would be useful at the BBQ if you were short of chairs though.....or at Christmas when you have a houseful of relatives........

C

Carp Angler

Lost weight since I saw you last week then eh Rik......

I said 'slightly' more, take that comment as you will.

It still means that I've had that chair for about 5 or 6 years and its still in perfect nick, which is more than can be said for most things I stick my arse on.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
And there's a few badgers that can vouch for that!

R

Rodney Wrestt

" looked at the Chub X last week in a certain gents garage and while impressed with the weight of the thing, it was too high and not adjustable at all. I would guess that it was not designed for the river angler at all-but would be suited to a commercial or similar type water with perfect flat pegs."

I thought it had adjustable legs, it says so in David OLoughlin's favourite mail order company's catalogue.