Where to Fish 2002?

N

Neil (Gaff) Gaffan

i have fish a hard water for the last two seasons and have had the big common out at 32.5Ib and the biggest Mirror at 28Ib, now i don't know where to go from here! i prefer hard waters for the challenge, and i am not a 'runs man'. having justfished in france and caught 4x 40Ibers, one to 47Ib i wouldlike to find a water that i can find maybe one or two high 30's or maybe a 40.

any suggestions?

ps. i prefer to do nights, so day only waters would be a second choice!

R

Rob Stubbs

Neil,
Depends where abouts in the country you are. I too prefer hard waters but haven't really got any that I want to fish. Elstow 2 (Beds) is an example, I got the ticket in the spring and haven't wet a line there yet although I may do next month. That said I'm fishing a no publicity water that's done 3 different 40's but I've been fishing it for too long that I find it boring (and I haven't had any of the bigger mirrors).

I'm on the waiting list for another Cambs water so if that appears next year that'll probably do for me.

Rob.

C

Carp Angler

Rob's right, it depends where in the country you are or how far you want to travel.
Then there's always the problem of whether the lake feels right or not.

D

Danny Brown

IF YOU LIVE IN THE SOUTH WHY NOT RMC's WRAYSBURY 2 IF YOU WHANT HARD ITS ONLY ABOUT 175 ACERS WITH ONLY A FEW CARP

N

Neil (Gaff) Gaffan

yes guys a fundamental mistake not mentioning where i live!!

i live just south of cambridge, sunny old saffron walden

as i do sessions as opposed to one nighters i dont mind travelling anywhere really!

i have a few waters that i am considering, but i thought i would open a thread and see if anyone knew of somewhere that a conserted effort would be rewarded.

a la 'carp angler' with that lovely common!!

i also would like to avoid 'the arsehole fishermen' who spoil all your hard work with two dozen beers and a rowdy social every night, then tell you all day that they have had 2million forties and a fifty on stella/curry pop ups!!!

thanks for you comments so far tho' !!

C

Carp Angler

You've got some sweet waters on your doorstep.

Have you thought about Fen Drayton?
I'm sure Uncle Jimothy would entertain you.

Failing that, how far would you want to travel?

N

Neil (Gaff) Gaffan

distance, i dont mind, providing if i spend all week pre baiting or watching a swim i would like to be able to get it if i arrived mid morning on friday! at the moment i have to get there as early as possible and still not be guaranteed a swim i have been watching! i know 99% of waters are the same, but at the moment, because me and my mate are hauling everyone watches us and waits for us to leave and then move in on our hard work!

it a bit like a strategic plan to make people think your going to fish peg 35 when you realy want to fish peg 75!

god! - i waffled there a bit, didn't i!!