PC monitor colours

E

EC

Have taken my pc components apart today, hard drive, monitor etc, as I've dismantled and thrown out my old desk!

I have put them back together and the colours on my monitor have gone to rat sh*t

I have fiddled with the colour, contrast etc and no joy! What next, aside from sit back and enjoy the new psychadelic colour scheme?

C

Cakey

are the colours in patches if so you have magnetised the screen
cure look for the de guass button either on the front of the monitor or in the menu

E

EC

No patches cakes, everything has just gone a real pale green colour!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
No joke Eddie, my old monitor used to occasionally go to a green only screen, i'd give it a tap on top, and it would rectify.

T

Terry D

My son's PC monitor looked dodgy the other day after sevral years use and a house move. Eventually found a loose connection so first of all chack you're all tightened up in the right places. them switch off and reset.

E

EC

Tried that just Terry thanks. The colour has deffo got a bit better, but still pale!

B

Bob Watson

An old one of mine went the same a couple of years ago. I thought one of the cathode rays had gone, the blue, as everything was red and green or a mixture of red and green. So I bought a new monitor, meanwhile, my mates completely blew so I gave him mine as a temp and it was perfect, still is to this day. Must have a been loose wire or bad connection.

B

Bob Watson

If its been near a magnet, possibly your speakers directly in front of and close to your moniter it can mess your screen, some monitors have a degauss button, (but not all) to reset it.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Eddie,
On my monitor I have a menu system to set it up using the buttons on the front, one of the options is Degauss this is like removing the static from a footy top. it goes all fuzzy and resets. also have two clour temperature options, 1) 9300 2) 6500, the 1) setting gives the screen a blue tinge. don't know if that's any use?

Paul B

Reaction score
Eddie, as Terry says, my money would be on the connector to the graphics card being loose or not plugged in correctly. It happened to me on an old pc and with a bit of waggling and tightening the screws on the connector it was fine. Might be worth checking the connectors from the monitor to check you haven't damaged one of the pins.

G

Ged

Check your graphiocs card Eddie, may have come loose when disconnecting your monitor.

E

EC

Shower of p*ss takin bastids, you're no use, I need my tree for guidance!