Winter carp on commercials!

B

Benjimima

Hi! i recently fished at earlswood lakes in solihul and blanked on the feeder with strawberry groundbait and i then read in a magazine that i should go for a dark groundbait. I have been invited to fish at a lake called morton baggot which im told has some carp which i hope to be able to catch. i'm going to try using van den eydes dark carp match groundbait with a yellow pineapple boilie. do you think this will be suitable bait for winter?!? have you got any tips for maybe catching some of those carp on the float to? thanks in advance for any help i recieve!! Ben

T

Terry D

I'd tend to stay clear of light coloured or fruity groundbaits in the winter. Try plain low feed types with a bit of fishmeal in and make it a dark mix. I really like swim stim and silly bait. Alternatively plain maggot blockend with maggots or liquidised hemp in. Stick to maggot, worm, corn or small cubes of luncheon meat on the hook.

F

Frothey

I'd tend to stay clear of light coloured or fruity groundbaits in the winter

funny, its the only time i'd use them!

just shows that bait doesnt matter as much as location and confidence.....

Chris H

Reaction score
i would go for a light coloured,flavoured groundbait with a small amount of crushed hemp over the top,maybe a few other seeds.Keep the groundbait as the main feed and fish over with a grain of maize,or a bit bait,chopped down boilie etc