Hippy

shorty

Reaction score
Hello all, a friend of mine has asked me to find out about something called a Hippy Rig??????????Don't know what he's on about but he would like to know how long should the hair be from the hook

Murray Rogers

Reaction score
Hippy to me means long hair, dropout, really sixties sort of thing,,,,,,,but assuming he means the hair, then i would suggest anywhere between 2 and 4 inches.

shorty

Reaction score
Hello Murray yeah I didn't know what he was on about, but he insists it exists been reading them funny mags again,while on the WACKY BACKY!Thanks for that I'll let him know.You can only use this rig with a SPECIAL BITE ALARM IT PLAYS PURPLE HAZE WHEN YOU GET A RUN SO HE SAYS.Cheers

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Hippy rig generally has quite a large bait but doesnt have to the hippy rig has a mega long hair hence the hippy name (long hair)

For small hooks to work with big baits a long hair is required.(as a general rule)

I would ask your freind what he is trying to acheive using this rig a change in rigs is usually made to overcome a problem or alter the mechanics not just because someone heard about it.

The length of the hair will depend on the size of bait and fish he is angling for for examplke a 3 inch hair while fishing for singles aint gonna work because the bait will be at the phengral teeth (if it gets that far they will probably reject it first)before the hook has entered the mouth.

Hope that helps.