River Fishing in Staffordshire & Shropshire

Boon65

Reaction score
Help: Can anybody tell me were i can go river fishing in staffordshire or Shropshire either will do. i don't mind if its on a fishery or day ticket water. if you could also give a description of the area or even a website with these places on them would help. these area's are only a guide: Telford/Shrewsbury/Burton on trent/Tamworth/Lichfield/Stafford etc.

thanks Steve

Boon65

Reaction score
Thanks chavender, gave the drac a ring and they are sending me some application forms to join. they look brilliant water's, look forward to becoming a member and fishing these streches of water and not bad for ?35.00 a year. thanks again

Boon65

Reaction score
Hi Chavender,
There will be 4 of us joining then. myself Steve, my son Daniel who's 10, brother in law Darren and his son Jack who's 11. so hope to be joining soon as i get the membership forms and sent them back. where all looking forward to getting some river fishing in this year as we only fished pools last year as myself and Daz have only got back into fishing late 2004 around november time after a break of about 15 years for myself and have been fishing every weekend throughout 2005 and three weekends this year so far so look forward to meeting you too and tight lines

Boon65

Reaction score
no problem at all look forward to it. any good pubs near drac waters

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Which is your favoured DRAC lake / pool Chavender? I've been a member this year but only really used the Trent as I prefer rivers however the closed season is upon us and the pools are looking interesting now.

:eek:)

Particularly liking the possibility of Tench by the way.

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
hi paul,this last year was my first year back at drac after a spell or two with different clubs in the area,notts aa,pride of derby ect but i spnt a lot of time late summer/Autumn on the clubs stretch at barrow fishing for the barbel trying to catch a double figure fish and managed a 10lb 4oz barbel but i know it has the protential for bigger fish,when i was previously a member i fished triangle a lot for the crucian's and tench but you can run the risk of catching the odd nuisance fish (carp) and there's the black pool at westen (Ukrainian Centre key req.) it has a reputation for good tench.and i'am thinking of going to Glazebrooks Pool (Nr Shardlow) and maybe Findern Crossing Pool ! but i intend to mainly fish triangle which should be even better now it has a new carpark.

Reaction score
Steve,

The Birmingham Angling Association have some beautiful stretches of the Severn in Shropshire. Hampton Loade is a cracking stretch for barbel (if it warms up a bit!) and chub. see their website

http://www.baa.uk.com/

There are maps on the site showing all their stretches

Good luck. The Severn rules!

Reaction score
Heretic!!!

Sabrina will rise up and give you a right smiting (smoting? what is the present particple of smite?)

May gudgeon eat your underpants!