Little furry friends

MJ.

Reaction score
I went to the shed to get my gear and found that the mice had a party,they totally distroyed my landing net, clothes,other things,any ideas how to control this problem.

ta MJ.

J

jason fisher

keep the stuff in your bedroom, they have much more difficulty getting to it then.

njb51

Reaction score
get one of those spring loaded traps, stick a boilie on, wait, then WHAM!

Also, acquire an air rifle! Much fun!

MJ.

Reaction score
had gear in house and was made move it her in doors(too smelly),i have traps set all the time(dont allways catch them).

C

christian tyroll

i left a bag of boilies and some bird seed in polythene bags, they ate alot of the boilies but just opened the bag of bird seed spilling it every where deciding they didnt like it! i keep it all in sealable tubs now! and for my nets and stuff i hange it on the garage wall!

J

jason fisher

point out that it's her fault that the stuff got et,it wouldn't have if it was in the bedroom, now you are obviously going to have to replace it at great expense, so the new stuff will have to be kept safer. you'r missing an opportunity to get it back into a place of safety here.

njb51

Reaction score
christian -

even sealable tubs arent safe from the little buggers!

I keep all my bait in a big metal bin now - remembering to take all bait out of my bag at the end of every session.

G

Gary Knowles

Buckets with lids and a constantly set trap containing tiger nuts.

njb51

Reaction score
Try talking to the mice, you may be able to come to some sort of agreement.

S

Spoddy

I talked to a water rat once...they do understand what your saying.

I told him to bugger off and he did!!

Or it might have been the rock i chucked at him at the same time.

Jim Pullin 2

Reaction score
Plastic/metal dustbins and the cat overnighting in the shed once a week are my tips. careful with keeping expensive gear in the shed. Human rats have a way of finding it as well. And apparently you aren't allowed to set traps for them.

MJ.

Reaction score
the cat is to lazy,i might leave the wife in there for a while,when she is fed up she might let me bring it back in side(some hope),she does not care as long as its not in the house.

Big Mart

Reaction score
Had the same problem, some little bugger set up shop in my seat box and I lost the middles out of about 30 floats and have a box caked in pish and shizzle. Nice.

I was told to shut my cats in the garage for a while so they leave their scent all over the shop and its supposed to discourage the little sods from coming back. Its been 2 months now and no sign of Mr Mouse.