The end is in sight

• Thread starter Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)
  • Start date
R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

By the middle of next week we should be into south westerly winds and lots and lots of rain.

In the meantime, the cold weather is going to get worse over the next few days.

I am truly fed up to the teeth with this winter. Cold and dry, cold and dry!!

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

Not in cloud cuckoo land, Steve.

..with apologies to Ron.

L

Les Clark

Where did you get your infomation from then Ron ,not the met office ,they can`t get a 24 hour forecast right .

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
The BBC's weather reports seem to be entirely made up recently.

They take a handfull of the old weather symbols out of a tombola and throw them at the old magneic map then make it up from there adding some fancy graphics to make it look plausable.

Tony Hyland 2

Reaction score
i find winter is a great time to fish,nothing like it,a lot of fisher men only go in the summer, what a load of wimps

L

Les Clark

Thats rather a sweeping statment Tony ,I thought that people went fishing to enjoy themselves an if they only want to go when its warm , what wrong with that ?

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
Tony did you ever stop and think that some people can't sit in the cold for all sorts of reasons. Cold is a killer for people with heart trouble and people with asthma so stop and think before you make silly statements like that.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
By the way, do you remember last Autumn when the prophets of doom said we were going to have a cold winter? Load of old codswallop we all said , they never get it right! Well I don't know about you lot but I think its been plenty cold enough of late and must be one of the coldest for a long time.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
It's been cold in spells but not like when I used to go sledging as a boy etc...

Seriously I think it has been warmer than usual as the cold bits have been in short snaps.

I was putting the christmas lights on the tree in the front garden in December and it was beggining to bud after losing it's leaves a month or two earlier.

It seems to have given up on that again after a cold snap though.

R

Wimps? No not really. I too love going fishing in winter, but not in a wind with a chill factor of 10.

I also at my age have to start consideraing my health a bit. I also spent half of my life in a warm climate and it does change your metabolism make no mistake.

Not only that, I go fishing for pleasure, not for an endurance test.

Roll on April. I'll be on the rivers.

Y

yoggy

I fully agree Ron,i no longer go fishing in awful weather,fishing is about pleasure,not proving that you`re a man!!!!

Whilst i`m fishing i dont mind if the weather takes a turn for the worse,as i`m already "set-up",but there`s nothing worse in trying to "set-up" in the pouring rain,high winds,and sleet.......its pants!!!.

Beecy

Reaction score
there is something worse Yoggy - catching nowt at the end of it!

I can gladly sit there all day in summer catching nowt but when your freezing your wotsits off you may as well have stayed in bed.

Y

yoggy

Beecy,agreed mate,have you ever thought "what the f**k am i doing here"!!!!..cuz i have,to many times i dare to mention!!!..especially here in the fens,as there is nothing to stop the wind.It cuts you in half like a sythe!!

Beecy

Reaction score
problem is you sit there a shivering wreck all day cos you dont want the piss take youl get for going home after an hour

R

I'm going to fish more rivers this spring. Not for eels of course.

Easter will be spent on two Derbyshire rivers. Just ordered a nice 8 1/2 foot rod built on Harrison Blanks. Can't beat river fishing. Most of the rivers around here open on 1st April.