Angling Star

R

Ron Clay

Sedge pictured with his big barbel writes how all his efforts and many blanks are starting to pay off with big bream, tench and barbel.

An interesting interview with Rod Hutchinson, Trout in Russia and some lovely tributes to Ray Webb.

I come in for some stick on the letter page (as always)regarding my support for the CA and Jim Baxter slates speeding boaters.

All in all a good mixed bag this month.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Got to agree there, it is a good issue this month. Ron's in deep sh** again. Can't understand it really, being so cuddly and non-provocative.

R

Ron Clay

However Billy Makin is in deep sheep as he dons wellies and chases them in the Welsh Hills.

S

Stewart Bloor

Ron, just got mine. Graham beat me to it, those thoughts were on my mind exactly in regards your good self.

Ron, we treat you with velvet gloves really here on FM. All your provocative statements and yet you hardly get a response.

You and Gary Knowles make a good pair of wind up merchants, you should co-write articles together. Under psuedenoms, of course....I could even join you and we could call ourselves 'The Good, The Bad and The Ugly'.

I'm 'The Good', of course, I'll let you two fight over the over two names.....

S

Stewart Bloor

Graham, have you seen in the AS, there's a column called Pilgrim's Progress? I think we should sue, unless of course, they started before us, then we'll keep quiet...

If you do sue, can I have that ?5 back that you owe me, please?

G

Gary Knowles

Sedge,

They started it first......tough!

And I'm not a wind up merchant, the very thought is upsetting.

And as for a co wrote column for me, Ron and yourself it would have to be the good, the bad and the plain ridiculous - in that order !

Ron,

On a more serious note, hardly any newsagents in my neck of the woods have the AS on their shelves. So I don't read it much these days - mind you if its full of Sedge's drivel I'm not sure if i want too !

S

Stewart Bloor

Gary, since I started writing for Angling Star, it has gone decidely up market.

They don't stock it any longer in run down areas of the country, which is probably why you can't get it.

I'm not saying where you live is rough, but when I was at your home recently, I noticed even the muggers go round the streets in threes....

Stick to writing in the Angling Times and let people like me, 'The thinking man's angler', write for the more meaty publications....

G

Gary Knowles

The thinking mans angler ????????

oh dear, he's finally lost it !