"Proper" winter.....Great spring ahead?

F

Frothey

First time we've had a decently long cold spell for years....are we heading for a "proper" spring feeding frenzy?

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
I hope so Frothey,

Whilst I have caught carp in the past mostly from comercials, I have never targeted specamin carp. I am planning to have a proper crack for them this year and I cant wait. Its just another of anglings big challenges to me! The water I have picked aint an easy one, it comes with its own set of problems and its pretty big say 50 acres and around 100 carp?

Anyway thats getting off topic, I think it could well be that when it finally warms up all the fish go on a feeding spree. Its been a right hard winter, I've been mostly piking and even thats been a grueler. I think my water has a closed season (it definately used to have) so i'll be looking for somthing else to keep me busy for a few months but keeping a close eye on the lake in question!

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
lake level's are alright ooop north Cakey, Trents a bit low though I understand. I think we are suppose to be getting some wet weather from the south west, according to Ron anyway.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

That's according to the Weather Bureau.

What we need now is a prolonged period of soft soaking rain.

Matt Brown

Reaction score
Does anyone agree that the fish may well switch on anytime now because of the extra light levels and longer daylight hours, despite the cold?

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Certainly possible during the day Matt, I would say if you can find a shallow area of a lake which is sheltered and gets sun for most of the day then you could be onto a winner.

C

Cakey

I still think its down to air pressure this time of year and if you get constant pressure [after a rise or a fall]thats when they will switch on

B

BLAM

I hear on the grapevine it's going off already in some places despite the temps so perhaps increasing daylight is having its effect.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

I hear on the grapevine that Frothy has finally admitted that it was him the locals had spotted surfing in high heels and leather mini skirt......

F

Frothey

dont be ridiculous wol, firstly i never hid the fact i was wearing a FAKE leather skirt (neoprene, leather would rot) but the high heels thing is rubbish.

it would damage the board, and have you tried walking up sandunes in heels? you're bad enough on wet grass......

L

Les Clark

According to the latest forecast ,heavy rain and tempeatures up from next tuesday .

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

thats gonna put the mockers on Frotheys new perm.....

F

Frothey

perms are so 80's

GHD straighteners are the only way to go......