line colour

N

Nicky Garbutt

is hi-viz yellow line any good or should i bin it

thanks

C

Chris Bishop

Depends if you think they're line shy or not. If you're bait fishing I doubt they see the line anyway, lure fishing could be different.

I'd be more worried about the fact most of these bright yellow lines are cheap bulk spools sold for sea fishing.

If you're after a reasonably-priced mono try 15lbs Daiwa Sensor - quite good for the price.

Ironically if you could get a bright yellow braid it would be top banana for drifting because the birds would see it and avoid it. It would also make it easier to control the line because you'd be able to see where it was without having to pick the rod up.

R

Rob Brownfield

Nicky, I have used all colours of line in my time. I use bright yellow fireline for float fishing and someties lure...so it does not put them off.

I am, however, using sand coloured line for one of my waters, purely coz it is crystal clear and sandy bottomed.

N

Nicky Garbutt

other thing to i fish a pond were it is muddy all the time and after 4 o'clock the pond get's a fatty "skin" it gets on your line and i can't get it off.

any ideas

thanks

R

Rob Brownfield

Nicky, i get the same thing in the summer on a local Loch. On nylon it seems to grate through the rings. I cast out then wind back, running the line through a damp cloth. Cears it for a wee while. I do the same just before packing up.