farm bought carp baits,super

marshman

Reaction score
hi folks
new to carp fishing and like most people money is tight. i was told i could buy particle baits from farm stores/supermarkets and the like. any advice on what to use and how to prepare them. any advice would be great. thanks

nicky

Reaction score
I do the same just been to my local farm shop bought a carry bag of 3mm and 4mm coarse pellets at £1.47 a kg compared to £2.80 in the tackle shop also bought a sack of vitalin at just over £12 some hemp as well i only fish once a week so that will last me ages (probably the whole summer) spent about £30 altogether covers float fishing and carp fishing.
Some cheap frozen corn from the supermarket for use on the method with the pellets is also very good.

marshman

Reaction score
thanks mate,ive seen chicken feed containing corn and maize,would that work?

mol

Reaction score
Carp will eat most things.

CSL and molasses can be bought very cheaply in 5l containers. You can use Ewe nuts too, check the bag as the ones with a high CSL content are good. I've used chicken pellets before and caught over them.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Remember one thing if your buying and using Nuts, hemp, chick pea's etc etc, soak them for at least 24 hours before cooking.

Tesco's own sweetcorn in a tin has a great smell and very cheap, and layers mash is also good. I also put garden Peas and Rice into my mixes.

quickcedo

Reaction score
Lets not forget one of the best Carp baits, Chickpeas. Cheap as chips and if bought dehydrated will, last almost indefinately and perhaps more important will readilly take on any flavour during re hydration. If you are boiling your own hemp or parti mix then use the juices from this to rehydrate them. Soak for a day then boil for 10 to 15 mins. Perfect! and the Carp love em.