New Fish and Tips Magazine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Anyone had a look at this yet? I picked one up in Tesco and and popped it in the trolley. Not particularly impressed with it - should have been called Fish & T1ts. Not sure what scantily clad women have to do with fishing and my Mrs isn't that chuffed with it lying around the house. Won't be buying it again if that's what is going to be in every issue.

sagalout

Reaction score
Since Bob Roberts had already pointer the fish and t1ts mag, you either knew and just wanted to buy a jazz mag without the missus realising or you have not been reading the forums like what you should :wh

flightliner

Reaction score
Anyone had a look at this yet? I picked one up in Tesco and and popped it in the trolley. Not particularly impressed with it - should have been called Fish & T1ts. Not sure what scantily clad women have to do with fishing and my Mrs isn't that chuffed with it lying around the house. Won't be buying it again if that's what is going to be in every issue.

Its the way much of angling is going these days Shaun---tits up!!

chav professor

Reaction score
well I suppose it can get very lonely being bivvied up weekend after weekend:j:j Probably better off buying a copy of Improve your course Fishing and sliding a copy of Razzle between the sheets to save your blushes as you leave the newsagents (or wherever you can apparently buy such material):wh

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
The whole concept is pathetic. I am really quite offended that some publishing numpty thinks that if he gets some ropey old biffer to put some waders on & pose with a fish that anglers will flock to buy it. I say angler as opposed to people that fish because no angler worth the name will waste proper cash money on this.

Sean : You are excused because I am sure you were merely researching this cobblers in order to save the rest of us the trouble.

Christian : Is anyone that desperate ? Surely the bathroom is nearer and a lot less hassle ? Its bad enough the Mrs catching you with a copy of Razzle but you'd never live it down if the bloke in the next swim caught you spawning !

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
I totally agree with S-Kippy, personally I think this rag is all that angling DOES NOT NEED!

Dumbing down to the lowest depths!

That said it will probably sell (hopefully only for a short while) and then be consigned to the ever-growing 'no longer published' list.

Alan Tyler

Reaction score
So we've all had collective amnesia about "Angela, the Angler's Mail Maid" and the beauties I seem to recall from "Creel" (which was hardly pitched at the lower end of the market), have we?

Still, I think my pennies will be better spent on bait, subs, and petrol.

Fred Bonney

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
To right Alan, my missus related it to the 70's newspaper icons of Reveille and Titbits !!

So it's all old hat, and that never affected my, or many of it's readers outlook on women i'm sure.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
So we've all had collective amnesia about "Angela, the Angler's Mail Maid" and the beauties I seem to recall from "Creel" (which was hardly pitched at the lower end of the market), have we?

Well, no, not me Alan, and I didn't agree with those publications forays into the cheap end of the market either.

Believe me, I am no prude, but I fail to see where any 'image enhancement' will result in the eye of the general public when they see this sort of 'gutter press' publication on the angling shelf.

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm no prude and if a mag wants to do a 'page 3' then fine. But every page and most of the adverts too?

The articles were OK. Steve Pope was good and he even mentioned Kipling's six honest serving men, so he obviously reads something else besides barbel books and Springsteen lyrics:cool:. There was a decent lure fishing article and one on French carp (complete with t1ts) by Shane Calton (Cat off here).

Got fed up by then and threw it in the recycling bin.

chav professor

Reaction score
I must take you up on your comments S-Kippy, in particular, and i quote 'great,blubbery, unnattractive, naked carp'.

I thought as an enlightened society we could rise above this kind of stuff - its demeaning to fish. Mind you, theres some cracking looking birds in the mag by the sounds of things.....

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
I was working at one of the angling shows the other week, and those doing this mag asked if i would do some work for them.

I know a few others who are, but as the mag isnt what we thought it would be, i cant see them or i doing anything for the mag, not as it is anyway.

Angling needs a good mag, we have lost to many, but has the web got something to do with that

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Not printed on very good paper either, i've only had the magazine three days and the pages are all stuck together..............DOH !!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.