Finding articles on FM

Reaction score
I am (mostly) computer literate but I have problems finding old articles on the site.

Is there anyway an A-Z index of authors and/ or titles?

I find the search by keyword a bit random

Mark Wintle

Reaction score
****y,

If you find a suspected author on a forum click on their name and you should get a bit that says my articles; that will list their articles. A few people have their own archives like me, Barrie rickards, Kevin Perkins etc.

No A-Z though.

C

Chris Bishop

Do a search of their name in the article archives thingy.

Reaction score
Mark,
Hadn't thought of that cheers

Chris,
I tried that but it seems to give up easily and just give a chronological list. Might be my slow connection, I don't know. I spent half an hour searching for eel, eels, andy nellist, andy 'the dog' nellist, colne valley etc and got the same inaccurate and irrelevant result each time.

An A-Z author index would be very useful?

Michael Garner

Reaction score
HI ****Y AS I LIVE ON THE COMPUTER TRY TYPING IN EXCITE ON GOOGLE OR ANY SEARCH ENGINE AND TYPE IN FISHING ARTICLES YOU WILL GET SOME SUPER RESULTS OR TRY TYPING VINTAGE FISHING ARTICLES

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
****y, I've just tried to find the articles you're looking for in 'News and Views'/'Diaries and Stories'. I typed in 'eels' and 'The Hunt for Eels' series are all listed on the first page.

Reaction score
Thanks Graham,

I had a feeling I was doing something wrong. I was searching under reference...doh!

Thanks for the google tip Michael