Day ticket suggestions in shrops, worcs, staffs, derbs...

E

EC

I am looking for an excuse to have a few days away this coming easter, whit, and summer!

I am looking for decent day ticket suggestions in the above locations, I will probably be staying over at a travel lodge close to the main town or city.

Looking for general day ticket river fishing (for the summer) and also some decent stillwaters which are as 'natural' as possible, not bagging waters or puddles, but where a choice of species and methods is possible!

Cheers

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Earl Of Harrington do day tickets on the Derwent running from the town centre in Derby out to borrowash which is downstream.

?2.50 last time I got one, I have seen chub and pike caught, heard of barbel on the stretches nearer Borrowash but no record breakers.

If you decide to try round Derby then let me know if you fancy company.

Daniel Matley

Reaction score
Don't know if Warwickshire is to far Eddie but there are some decent day ticket stretches on the Avon near to Evesham. You've got the good old Manor Farm Leisure stretch and just above that there is the length opposite the Anchor Pub and just above that the Mill Lock. All offer good parking and access with good fishing thrown in as well. If you want more details you can PM me.

E

EC

Cheers lads its going to revolve around when I can get away and also what travel lodges are close by and, more to the point, when they are doing their ?10 a room deals but thanks very much for the offers of help.

Danny, Warks isn't too far mate, just revolves around dates, costs etc.

Cheers

chavender

Reaction score
Ilkeston ,derbyshire ,great britain ,earth ,The un
The Priest House hotel is based on a island in the middle of the trent at castle donnington and do day tickets to fish on their island

The Priest House
Kings Mills
Castle Donington
Near Derby
DE74 2RR

Reception 01332 810 649 (fishing enq.)
Reservations Direct Line 01332 815341 (rooms)
Fax 01332 811141
thepriesthouse@handpicked.co.uk
web:http://www.handpicked.co.uk/ThePriestHouse/Contact.php
further upstream to the south of derby theres a village just up past swarkestone called twyford that used to have a ferry that has 3 pegs thats free fishing

most of the trent and dove in this area is covered by either derby railway (drac)ticket,pride of derby Special weekly full Price ?20 year limited to a seven-day period. , details below of how to apply.or burton mutual clubs but are members only clubs
pride weekly ticket:
This ticket is available from the secretary only.According to the type of ticket required the remittance noted should be sent to the secretary the cheque should be made payable to the ?Pride of Derby? and a stamped Addressed envelope should be enclosed for the return of the ticket and key as required.you might be able to get the weekly ticket from Anglers Corner Fishing Tackle shop on Osmaston Road Tel: 01332 343870, Derby and from the Derby Angling Centre on Nightingale Road Derby Tel: 01332 380605.

Alan Miller Tel 01283-702701
e-mail:amiller95@btinternet.com
16 Mercia Drive,
Willington,
Derby
DE65 6DA

-------------------------------------------
Derwent Tackle at borrowash sells tickets for the earl of harrington stretches of the derwent

Derwent Tackle
2a, Station Rd Borrowash
Derby
Tel: 01332 662379

theres also a free stretch of the trent at trent lock at long eaton only 50yds along a concreate steped embankment
if i think of anymore i'll add them later

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Anglers Corner has closed Chavender much to my dissapointment but the others are still open for business.

Priest House is a lovely stretch but quite shallow in places, checked it out the other weekend and the river was well down so I left it alone that day.