BIRTHDAY DOUBLE

Wayne T

Reaction score
Its my birthday in a couple of weeks and my very understanding missus has bought me loads of new carping gear(rods - 2.5lb t/c, reels - okuma baitrunners, pod etc.)!This, of course, means that I now have to take my carp fishing more seriously!So, having booked up a session on RMCs blue pool, can anybody advise me on the best approach to give me the best chance of landing a birthday double! Suggestions on line type and strength, rigs, and baiting tactics for this time of year would be useful.

Paul Mallinson 2

Reaction score
Cant comment on Blue Pool but I would advise buying a book called 'Discover Carp Fishing' co written by Rob Huges and Simon Crow (I think) and published by Crowood Press.

This book should give you a good grounding in carp fishing.

Wayne T

Reaction score
Cheers Paul, another gift to add to the birthday list!!

B

Barry Edney

From Southern Angler....

'.... Blue Pool will see carp waking up right, left and centre. Get in there! Walk the walk and look for signs of big fish moving... If your eyesight is a bit dodgy, head straight for the far bank swims 16, 17 & 18 as they are bankers. Big beds of bait fed in the margins are your orders for the day and its hemp and pellets that will turn these carp on. Keep well away from the bank when tackling up, thats the secret, then just lower your bait in and wait for the carp to arrive.'

Easy ain't it!

When we were there for the fish-in last year, I was using short 3-4inch 10lb b.s. flouro hooklinks with Source boilies as bait. I didn't feed a large amout, just 4 or 5 boilies in a PVA bag with a few loose ones scattered around. Had a few out upto 24lb 6oz.

Hope this helps and have a good birthday.

J

jason fisher

stick a net across one corner and fish it then organise an fm fish in on the other bit, ask frothey it worked for him.

;)

fish a couple of feet from the bank in the shallow corner with the over hanging tree on the left at the end as you look down the pool from the entrance.

F

Frothey

pineapple pop ups in the middle on a short silt/chod rig if RMC's anything to go by.

pellets and maggots i reckon.

Wasnt it 4 Rik, 5 was at Wellington? might be wrong, hard to keep count......

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
Maggots seem to be doing the business on the bluepool at the min also there is an article in total carp with Ben Hamilton at the blue pool he moved 4 times before he started catching bait a few spots and rotate them if possible a gallon of white mags and the mag-aligner did the business for him.

njb51

Reaction score
look for signs of fish moving and cast to them with a bright piece of yellow corn attached to a nice smelling boilie.

also consider the gravel bar running through the middle of the lake, fish on top or at the bottom of the slope.

watch out for those zebra mussels too, pain in the arse, many lost hooklinks resulting in many lost fish!

J

Joe Royffe

JOHNNY JUST REMINDED ME zebra'S get as many as u can from the margins crush them up and throw them in around ur hookbait, keep it natural, cockles , maggots , air injected lob worms.
GOOD LUCK M8 APPY B-DAY!!!