multi plyer

glider

Reaction score
I`m thinking of buying a multiplyer , but all the ones i see are for anglers holding the rod in their left hand but i want one for the other hand surly they are available and are they simply called left hand wind version

J

jon helyer

glider

Try the Abu Ambassedeur 6500 C3, OR 5500 C3, if you want something slightly smaller. If you shop around you should be able to get the 6500 for ?70, perhaps less.

C

Chris Bishop

ABU make several which are nice for lure fishing. Their serial numbers end in 01, ie 6501 etc.

Most tackle dealers who advertise in Pikelines, Pike and Predators etc sell them.

They have levelwinds, which sea reels don't tend to have.

L

levelspiker

6501 is left hand wind.
6500 is right hand wind.
in my opinion,abus are the best that you can buy.
whatever model of multiplier you choose,make sure that it has a level wind.

FLUKE

Reaction score
There are seven left hand wind versions available from ABU:-

5501c3
5601c4
6501c3
6601c4
5601cjb
7001hs

5 series holds 200yrds of 12lb
6 series holds 250yrds of 14lb
7 series holds 325yrds of 17lb

6501 has line out alarm

B

Bob Watson

What do you want it for Glider. Different reels for different jobs.

keora

Reaction score
I can recommend the Shimano Curado which is available in left hand wind. Not cheap at approaching ?100, but the automatic braking system is well made, it doesn't take long to learn how to use it.

I use it for lures up to about 40 - 50gms, it'll probably handle heavier ones.

glider

Reaction score
I have just bought one of the john wilson range and i will be using it for lure fishing

glider

Reaction score
used the multi plyer today not impressed ,i was always led to believe the line would come spooling off if you weren`t carefull when casting. As it`s second hand i`m thinking it may need an overhaul although i was told it has only been used once. even with a thumping cast the spool doesn`t seem overly free running; can any one shed a little light on the subject

C

Chris Bishop

It'll have a knob (ooh er missus..) which adjusts the tension and speed the spool revolves.

You need to adjust this for the weight of lure you're casting.

The text book way to set it is slacken off and adjust it so when you're holding the rod parallel to the ground, you can flick it into freespool and the lure will drop, but the spool will stop when it hits the ground.

After a while you start getting cocky and slackening off a bit more until an over-run catches you out.

Where are you from Glider, there may be someone near who can guest you out somewhere for a couple of hours and show you how to set it up.

glider

Reaction score
Thanks Chris, i`ll have a play with it (ooh matron!!) now i have some idea what i`m looking for, i live in Yateley in north hampshire