roach

Eddie Short 2

Reaction score
Looking to put in a session or two for some decent sized roach (2lb+) in a local lake.

Bearing in mind the current temperatures (cold - overnight 3 or 4 below freezing), is it worth going after them in the next few days or should I wait for some warmer weather?

Not had any experience of specifically targeting roach so any comments would be useful.

Cheers
Eddie

E

EC

As my old mum used to say!

"You'll catch nowt sat in the 'ouse lad!"

Fish a tiny feeder through the afternoon 'til dark with chopped worm and caster so says I.

Fishing Gimp

Reaction score
Roach like chub, will feed even if there is snow on the ground. But they do prefer the the day to be overcast. Or you will need to wait until the dusk for them to really come on the feed.

Maggot in a feeder will catch you Roach but if the larger ones are your target then bread flake combined with the Waggler or small grounbait feeder stuffed with Bread or liquidised bread will do the trick.

I enjoy Roach fishing more than any other as i still get excited seeing that electric silver sheen they have and if you get some over a pound then to me there is not much wrong with your Angling technique.

Good luck and let us all know how it went!